Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I installed the Innovate digital MTX-L in the beast...Worked for about one month and poof! So, I did some research and find out for a tech from Innovate, it only draws 3 amps. I had it wired up as per the write up somewhere on this forum...Great wright up by the way for the exception of the power source needs to be per the tech somewhere different other then the cig lighter. So, here I go to rewire and do some testing...BTW, I told him I was getting an E9 code and he said right away, power! So, just an FYI anybody wiring up a new A/F you might want to go to a different power source?

Reactions: m4xm1l10n

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Works great for my uego... Sorry man!

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Mine is on the lighter... Just run a 16 gauge wire to the fuse box kn the engine bay that only activates when the ignitionis turned .on..

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Knuckles do you have an 08 by chance? I rung out all the open terminals in the exterior fuse boxes and couldn't find one that was on only with accessory power.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Knuckles do you have an 08 by chance? I rung out all the open terminals in the exterior fuse boxes and couldn't find one that was on only with accessory power.
Yeah I have an 08 as well bro.... I would think you could find one somewhere in the engine bay in one of the 2 fuse boxes.... Mine is currently connected to.the lighter with a 5 amp fuse....

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Used the Cig lighter for my MTX, used Wade's write up (think he had a AEM A/F guage) and no complaints.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Yeah I have an 08 as well bro.... I would think you could find one somewhere in the engine bay in one of the 2 fuse boxes.... Mine is currently connected to.the lighter with a 5 amp fuse....
OK so interestingly, my lighter (the one under the nav unit and in front of the shifter), is always powered. Key off, key removed, the whole 9 yards that outlet is powered all the time. I have my radar detector plugged in there and have to unplug the detector every time I park... I assume yours is not like this?

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
OK so interestingly, my lighter (the one under the nav unit and in front of the shifter), is always powered. Key off, key removed, the whole 9 yards that outlet is powered all the time. I have my radar detector plugged in there and have to unplug the detector every time I park... I assume yours is not like this?
Is it plugged in on the left or the right? Right is always powered. The left is powered only when the accessory or engine is on.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Is it plugged in on the left or the right? Right is always powered. The left is powered only when the accessory or engine is on.
Holy shizz. I somehow ignored the fact that there were two. I honestly had to go check just now and low and behold... sorry for jacking the thread.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Mine is on the left side lighter and I verified that its ON only when the key is turned in the ON position with a multimeter...

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Back to the drawing board....Who knows, maybe a wire came loose? I'm going to open her up tonight, "YES" LOL and see whats going on. Thanks Knuckles for the 16 fused gauge wire option. Knuckles, what don't you know about these rigs????

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Back to the drawing board....Who knows, maybe a wire came loose? I'm going to open her up tonight, "YES" LOL and see whats going on. Thanks Knuckles for the 16 fused gauge wire option. Knuckles, what don't you know about these rigs????
Hehehehe.... I try bro..... Thanks!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, here the weird thing, when I put into drive it turns on for a moment? Have not rewired it yet but I thought that was interesting. If I go to park then to drive it goes on then off....Weird.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Ok, here the weird thing, when I put into drive it turns on for a moment? Have not rewired it yet but I thought that was interesting. If I go to park then to drive it goes on then off....Weird.
Something is definitely wrong their Duke.... I would take that thing apart and look at your wiring....

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fixed buddy...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts