Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With all the big power builds going on, whats the choice of injectors been, i know we have access to the FMS 80lbs, deatschwerks, injector dynamics and probably a couple others here and there.

just curious what you guys are using, impression of them, any tuning issues or anything like that

injectors will only be installed once and would have to support a minimum of 1000awhp

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
I've got the SRT4 injectors recommended by Andy, he said they were good from 500-700hp. Don't have my motor in yet so I can't give you any user feedback.

Jim

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
I am currently running Mopar Stage 1 ..
But have these here in case I run out of my stage ones LOL , The most preferred ones IMO

Brand Ford Racing
Manufacturer's Part Number M-9593-LU80P
art Type Fuel Injectors
Product Line Ford Racing High Flow Fuel Injectors
Summit Racing Part Number FMS-M-9593-LU80
Injector Advertised Flow Rate (lbs/hr) 80 lbs./hr.
Injector Impedance 11-12 ohmsInjector
Plug Style Bosch/Amp-style
Wiring Harness Included No
O-Rings Included Yes
Quantity Sold as a set of 8.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Andy told me the 392 injectors were only good for up to 475whp. Your 426 should be way over that.

Jim
Specially on 150 shot :eek: ...............:D

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
shouldve stated better in original post, injectors would be needed to support 1000+awhp and the fuel system will be there to do it. just dont want to have to spend $ on injectors more than once

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Sounds like we need some clarification from Andy. I asked him about the 392 ones for my 386 & told me the 475whp limit & to go with the others cause he's expecting just over that amount as far as horsepower.

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
I've had good luck with the Ford Racing 80lb injectors. Remember, they are rated at 43psi not 58 psi so they will actually flow more at factory Chrysler fuel pressure. Something to keep in mind when you are doing the cal.

I usually skip 392 injectors and go straight to the neon. No benefit to running the smaller injector IMHO.

J

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Show Off.

Jim

nothing to show yet but just dont wanna dump $ into something i can do right off the bat. jeep will be running a stock 6.1 for a bit yet

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
80# injectors will not support 1000awhp. You need to start looking at 1000cc or 1200cc. There is a great calculator linked below that we use to determine what size injectors to use. It's at the very bottom of the page. Remember, most injectors at rated at 43psi like Joel said. We run 58psi in our systems. There is also a conversion chart mid way down on the link I provided too. It will tell you what am injector will flow at a certain fuel pressure.

http://www.rceng.com/technical.aspx?UserID=11219159&SessionID=44vFI39Cj4RfeaMgXQZ6

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Reactions: StangSlayerMA

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
80# injectors will not support 1000awhp. You need to start looking at 1000cc or 1200cc. There is a great calculator linked below that we use to determine what size injectors to use. It's at the very bottom of the page. Remember, most injectors at rated at 43psi like Joel said. We run 58psi in our systems. There is also a conversion chart mid way down on the link I provided too. It will tell you what am injector will flow at a certain fuel pressure.

http://www.rceng.com/technical.aspx?UserID=11219159&SessionID=44vFI39Cj4RfeaMgXQZ6

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Thanks HB! According to that calculator, the 44# injectors are good to 650 hp.

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Just remember, that is crank HP, not wheel HP

The 80lb Ford racing injectors are about 92lb/hr at 58psi
Good info Joel. How much hp do you think they will support?

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Not trying to argue just help, that says they are good for 600hp which works out to real close to 490whp. Andy is expecting just over that for my 386 your 426 will have more hp than mine. Give me till about 3am & I'll post his email from the 6th that says 475whp is the max for the 6.4 injectors & he advises me to get the bigger ones. Which I did.

Jim

1 - 20 of 31 Posts