Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll set up the story. I live in the UAE. A year ago I bought the wife a US spec 06 jeep. At the time there was many US spec jeep here. Now not so many. A day doesn't go by that I don't see another srt jeep here, but they are gcc spec jeeps. I want another one for me. I found a 426 one done right but it's a gcc (gulf) spec jeep. Is there any import law experts on here. Would it be worth it to buy and try to bring it back? Thanks in advance.

·
The ModMan
5,764 Posts
What I was told is that it's not Chrysler policy to ship/export NEW Jeeps outside of the USA. And if a dealer did this they would get fined eventually. I think it's like 3k per vehicle or something like that.

On the other hand second had Jeeps shouldn't be a problem. Just go for it!

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All manufacters produce cars for overseas sales. The jeeps here are built and shipped here for sale locally the only difference I can see in them is. The tail lights are euro spec. No amber turn signals. The speedometer big numbers are in kms. The cooling system may be better because of the heat. Not sure. My concern is buying one and when I come home and ship it back. If it doesn't meet all US regs I will not be able to register it to be driven on the street. That would make a very expensive parts car or drag only Was just wondering if there was any guys/girls on here new the regs on importing cars into the USA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts