Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall i just got back tonight from racing and pulled in the garage and cut the jeep off but then tried pulling out the key and it seems to be stuck in the acc postion and wont go back to off but will move toward on. NEED HELP ASAP!!!:mad:

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
What year is it? If its 08+ Check out the owners manual. If the keys stuck don't force it out. The manual explains what to do.

Maybe a low/dead battery or something with the shifter not being in park.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Reactions: GTS2SLO

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey yall i just got back tonight from racing and pulled in the garage and cut the jeep off but then tried pulling out the key and it seems to be stuck in the acc postion and wont go back to off but will move toward on. NEED HELP ASAP!!!:mad:
Did you ever figure out what was causing the stuck key? My wife's 2008 GC is doing the same thing. It's also making a weird sound at the ignition switch when I shift back into park.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i know this sounds weird but what i used to do is turn it back on put it in drive then back into park and shut it off and it would work happened to me a few times
Yup that's pretty much what my wife is having to do. I"m thinking the WIN is going bad. I went to the dealorship and they said a new one would cost me 75$ plus another 100$ for programming.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.