Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In order to drive legally i have to get an ignition interlock (breathalyzer) installed on my car, does anyone know how this is gonna work with the remote start on my srt? do they disengage it or what? any help on answering this is appreciated if you have any knowledge on these interlocks

· Registered
5,046 Posts
No clue but interested in hearing how this would work with the remote start.

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol as am i.....i dont even want anyone messing with my wiring and take a chance of them ruining something cuz this thing is mint, but i guess its an ongoing punishment im gonna have to deal with cuz i decided drinking and driving was a good idea......shit sucks

· Registered
5,046 Posts
Sucks but at least you're still around to say how shitty it is....

· Registered
185 Posts
Nah that won't work with remote start cause u have to blow Into the device to start the car and during your drives it will go off randomly to check on your alcohol level. basically u need to blow and start your car homie
And hopefully u don't have a monthly fee of to pay to rob more money out of u that is 100 bucks

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

· Registered
1,156 Posts
im inclined to say it may work as the remote start feature bypasses the ignition by giving the VECU a direct command, no ? Im also pretty sure the lockouts are wired through your ignition thus completely seperate from the remote start feature ... don't see why it would work. just have to blow into the device before you toss in the key and turn ignition on.

wait and see I suppose, not like you're getting around the lockout.

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im not tryin to get around anything, i was a dumbass 21 yr old kid 2 years ago and got 2 duis not thinkin about the future and how it would effect mine or others lives. Ive definately learned my lesson, the license suspension was brutal, but it has definately tought me the error of my old ways

· Registered
1,156 Posts
wasn't the intent of that comment. merely meant you will have the interlock regardless of remote start working so might as well just wait and see :p

· Registered
67 Posts
My 2 cents, I also made that mistake recently. I have a interlock on my vehicle and have found that the vehicle will start without the test first. The idea is that you can start the vehicle but have only 6 minutes to test before the system locks and shuts down the ignition. Hope this helps....

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just got it installed a few days ago, its not as bad as i thought itd be, i blow to start it and then about 5 mins later blow again for a retest and then it doesnt bother me anymore until i turn the car off and have to start it again. Surprisingly they did a very good job at installin it and didnt cut up my jeep at all. They did disengage the remote start tho, hopefuly in the future they will engage it again and itll be good as new. I only have to have it til september tho and i paid it off for 6 months so i only have one more month after that then im done. pretty expensive though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.