Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a car show coming up in Feb, and I am building a box with 2 jl 12w7AE 2 JL 1000/1v2 JL 300/4 ect... I am trying to come up with some ideas as to what to do. This will be used as a demo vehicle for my shop. I am thinking about do something wrapped in grey leather, with grey suede just like the seats... anyone know where to get some suede that matches the factory? anyone have any ideas for design? i have 1000's of ideas in my head and some off the wall designs but want something classy and that looks good.... what would you guys do in your personal vehicles?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Hey guys I have a car show coming up in Feb, and I am building a box with 2 jl 12w7AE 2 JL 1000/1v2 JL 300/4 ect... I am trying to come up with some ideas as to what to do. This will be used as a demo vehicle for my shop. I am thinking about do something wrapped in grey leather, with grey suede just like the seats... anyone know where to get some suede that matches the factory? anyone have any ideas for design? i have 1000's of ideas in my head and some off the wall designs but want something classy and that looks good.... what would you guys do in your personal vehicles?
You own a shop but don't know where to get the vinyl and faux suede? C'mon bro...........
Milliken makes the faux suede in our rigs. Also, using real leather and suede is usually not an option.

Please don't put an SRT logo on the install.......that's been done. And no lights.........that's been done also.
Incorporate the color of your vehicle.
It's 2012, so roll with classy. View some of Platinum Motorsports installs for ideas.

Borla S
Volant CAI
BT Can
Eibach
Half-debadged

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You own a shop but don't know where to get the vinyl and faux suede? C'mon bro...........
Milliken makes the faux suede in our rigs. Also, using real leather and suede is usually not an option.

Please don't put an SRT logo on the install.......that's been done. And no lights.........that's been done also.
Incorporate the color of your vehicle.
It's 2012, so roll with classy. View some of Platinum Motorsports installs for ideas.
I know where to get vinyl. just wasnt sure if anyone had a place that they knew of for the exact match for the factory suede... i can get grey suede but it isnt an exact match. as far as has been done.... it is 2012 eveything has been done! color match fglass, back lit plexi it all has been done... i dream up custom installs for customers daily.. but when it comes to mine i am having a brain fart as to what to do, thats why i asked for pictures or ideas from you guys.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Since you own a shop, is it possible for you to design a slim ported sub box for a single 12" woofer? I have yet to find one anywhere except the kicker upgrade. If you can design a box that you can sell on the forum that would be great. I am loking for something slim to save space.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Talk to PWK Designs. :)
I'm working with them right now on a single 10W7 design. And you can't really get a slim box for a 12W7. It requires the depth.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yungsrt,

what woofer are you using? and yes the guys at pkw design are awesome guys.... but it takes some time to get some blue prints.

I was going to build a box to fit on the right side over the netting and wheel well for two jl 13tw5s, but im not sure that will do what i want.... by all said and done i may end up adding a 3rd w7 and 1000/1. i have about 30 drawings of different ideas and not one of them jumps out and says ME ME ME!!! i will keep everyone posted as to the build and finished product

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
yungsrt,

what woofer are you using? and yes the guys at pkw design are awesome guys.... but it takes some time to get some blue prints.

I was going to build a box to fit on the right side over the netting and wheel well for two jl 13tw5s, but im not sure that will do what i want.... by all said and done i may end up adding a 3rd w7 and 1000/1. i have about 30 drawings of different ideas and not one of them jumps out and says ME ME ME!!! i will keep everyone posted as to the build and finished product
I'm running Diamond Audio 12" subs pushed by a 1500W Phoenix Gold amp (will be downgrading to 800W). Just running single for I am tired of removing my dual sub box everytime I have to load the cargo area with stuff. So I am looking for a slim ported box for a single 12" sub that will fit nicely in the cargo area behind the rear passeger seat.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pics will be up soon, needless to say i am not running any jl audio product anymore. this system will be with 2 hertz SPL Show sx300d, 2x hdp1's, 1 hdp4, 1 pair of hsk-165xl a pair of hcx165 and kenwood dnx7180

·
Registered
477 Posts
Google "Dave the box guy" he makes some amazing sub boxes..............

1 - 12 of 12 Posts