Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
the..opinionated youngin'
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so ive had my 08 srt for a few weeks now and I am ready to put some mods on it. As of now I am thinking of installing hid lows and fogs and also reverse lights. Also putting tint on the tail lights. So i think these would be good basic starters.

Also Ive seen a few places on the forums where people have replaced the interior lights with colored leds. I am very interested in this and would love to hear from anyone who has done this. best brand of lights and all that jazz. Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
I got my LED interior lights from V-LEDS, great little mod. Nice list you have going there as well.
Just as an FYI for the HIDs....factory HIDs are 4300K, white is 5000k, and if you want a little blue, go with 6000K.
I bought my kits from XenonDepot, they are a vendor on here as well and usually have a discount code for us.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Get yourself a shorty antenna too! :D

·
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got my LED interior lights from V-LEDS, great little mod. Nice list you have going there as well.
Just as an FYI for the HIDs....factory HIDs are 4300K, white is 5000k, and if you want a little blue, go with 6000K.
I bought my kits from XenonDepot, they are a vendor on here as well and usually have a discount code for us.
yeah ive been looking on their site. would you happen to know the type of bulbs i would need to completely replace all the interiors? The fitting guide confuses me. thanks!!

Get yourself a shorty antenna too! :D
do you think? ive seen them around the site and im not sure how i feel about them. I do hate the non retractable antenna...

·
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bump.
So I think im going to stay with the tinted tails. The back fogs hooked up to the brakes. and besides that I am lost. I have about 1.5k I am willing to spend at the moment (im just a highschooler I dont have tons of cash). So any cheap good ideas are welcome!

·
Registered
665 Posts
bump.
So I think im going to stay with the tinted tails. The back fogs hooked up to the brakes. and besides that I am lost. I have about 1.5k I am willing to spend at the moment (im just a highschooler I dont have tons of cash). So any cheap good ideas are welcome!
Highschooler . man when I was in school I had a 75 Mini rusted out . Times have changed
Hvae fun modding it

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Xenon depot has a model guide on their site for the dome light kit & for the foot wells just cross reference your current bulb with the ones on their site. You can PM Steve from their also I'm sure he'd help ya, good guy.

Heres the dome led's
http://www.kbcarstuff.com/2005-2010-JEEP-GRAND-CHEROKEE-PREMIUM-LED-DOME-p/980063.htm

as for the 1500 here's what I would do

buy a used CAI, don't ask which one or we will hate you
get a used Predator make sure its unlocked
an email tune from JerseyBoy or Johan
have the rear reso's removed, its a cheap mod & makes it sound really good
you may have enough left to replace the front muffler with a Magnaflow also

Jim

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
Get some Stillen covers. I think the WK1 looks a lot meaner without the yellow marker lights.

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
Get stillens not stollens. LOL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts