Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All signs are pointing to me taking home a 2009 red rock from the dealer tomorrow. Super excited!

So I started messing around to see what painted wheels would look like. I also recently seen a silver SRT8 with the pillars painted black with dark tinted windows. Looked pretty sick IMO. So I tried to pull off the same look with the red rock.

Its my first time editing a photo, so don't judge me:fu::grinbiginvert:

Didn't care much for the way the rear wheel was turning out, so I gave up.

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
First of all, hope you pick it up. Red Rock FTW!!!

There may have been one person on here who did what you did on the front wheels, and I know that someone also did the entire rim red rock.

You might like something like this (in red rock of course) :

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
Congratulations. It your rig, do it your way. Enjoy!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Red rock is completely different in person. I seen it online and wasn't a huge fan. Didn't like how dark it was. Once I seen it in person under the bright sun, I knew it was the one.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Good luck with your purchase!! Hope you get it! And whatever you like with the wheels/pillars, do it! Cause its your beast after all!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good luck with your purchase!! Hope you get it! And whatever you like with the wheels/pillars, do it! Cause its your beast after all!
Thanks for the support!

Mod money may be limited for a while. Getting permission to buy a new "toy" comes with certain...agreements.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Another Red Rock :) Welcome!

·
Night Stalker v2.0
1,096 Posts

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
From the dealer picture it looks like the inferno red which is the rarest 2009 color on the smallest production run makes it about 29 units for that color/yr. Congrats on purchasing a rare one! Looks like it has all the goodies too! Enjoy!

Reactions: hevy

·
Registered
7,000 Posts
I may be wrong, but some 09's did come as inferno red. Inferno red replaced red rock in 2010
Your right.
Red Rock Crystal Pearl Coat
(discontinued Nov 17, 2008) EEM PEM 05163099AA 05163100AA 73906
Inferno Red Crystal Pearl Coat
(returned Feb 23, 2009)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Original owner purchased it May 2009. Hell this thing may be an Inferno Red. I wouldn't be able to tell them apart, with only seeing a few black and grey srt8's.

I will post pics tomorrow. Count find time to take pics today, I was having to much fun driving this beast. First MOD will be NEW FLOOR MATS!

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
Red rock is completely different in person. I seen it online and wasn't a huge fan. Didn't like how dark it was. Once I seen it in person under the bright sun, I knew it was the one.
It really is.. But congrats on your ride, you are getting an inferno! Like mention, that is a rare one.

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Isn't the paint code on the door jam? Inferno is a lighter color red while Red Rock is darker & looks kinda brownish dirty looking in the sun. LOL J\K there Johnny

Jim

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
That is most definitely Inferno Red.

Congrats and welcome to the fold!

Reactions: hevy

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Just noticed the black Brembros, you sure its an 09 & not an 08, that would also make it a Red Rock. Just wondering cause the 08's had black & in 09 they switched to red. I even thought they ran out of the black ones in late 08 & put red ones on a few 08's.

Jim

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just noticed the black Brembros, you sure its an 09 & not an 08, that would also make it a Red Rock. Just wondering cause the 08's had black & in 09 they switched to red. I even thought they ran out of the black ones in late 08 & put red ones on a few 08's.

Jim
The picture in my original post is not my jeep. I googled a high res red rock srt8 to edit. Mine does have the red calipers.

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
Isn't the paint code on the door jam? Inferno is a lighter color red while Red Rock is darker & looks kinda brownish dirty looking in the sun. LOL J\K there Johnny

Jim
Hahaha, don't be mad you couldn't find a Red Rock to go along with the Modern Blue!

Jim
jim, the original picture is an image off the web, not the actual jeep. You posted a link from the dealership on the first page of the jeep. It is inferno!
http://apps.dealerconnection.com/dealers/shawneemissionford/used-inventory?lang=en#filters={%22year%22%3A%222002%22%2C%20%22yearTo%22%3A%222011%22%2C%20%22type%22%3A%22All%22%2C%20%22make%22%3A%22Jeep%22%2C%20%22model%22%3A%22All%22%2C%20%22mileage%22%3A%22All%22%2C%20%22price%22%3A%22All%22%2C%20%22cert%22%3A%22false%22%2C%20%22sortOrder%22%3A%221%22%2C%20%22sortSelect%22%3A%22Year%22%2C%20%22vehiclesPerPage%22%3A%2210%22%2C%20%22pageNo%22%3A%221%22}&fps=true

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.