Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have finally gotten around to getting these done. We have one going out to each type for fitment and testing. One to Eskle(Maggie) and one to MEANSRT(Vortech). Regular pricing will be $299.00. We will run a special price of $279.00 for our first run of only 3 left. The pieces are CNC cut and welded by Dwight's masterful skills.;) They are powdercoated BLACK as default and can be done other colors for a small fee and minor delay. We have 3 more that have to be welded and powder coated left as of right now. If you're interested, please PM me.

Kits come with Ice Box, a new coolant overflow tank, drain tube, and hose barbs for the Vortech's to mate with the current hoses.

On the Maggie, you will replace the current little can with our tank. On the Vortech's, you will run the new hosing coming from the PowerCooler's radiator to the Ice Box's inlet, then the Ice Boxes outlet to the PowerCooler's inlet. Hopefully I can count on Eskle and MEANSRT to et some pics for us.;) Hint hint guys.:D

These can be driven as a DD. It will just be more water storage. When you go to the track you just drain the excess water and fill it with ice.

Thanks guys for the support. Take care......

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
So this will work just like our coolant thank , by replacing it ? And allow us to add ice at the track ???

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I'm still a little unclear on how this works.

So for the Maggie application, we replace the plastic reservoir that came with our kits with the tank you show next to the ice box? Do the lines from the tank then run through the ice box for cooling? Do we still have some kind of reserve for our radiator?

·
BlaBlaBla
5,197 Posts
I will install it as soon as it comes. With step by step pics of course!

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
Looks nice.

Question, is this worth doing if already running a meth system?

·
"guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,862 Posts
Nice work guy's.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I take it this is a single chamber box only. Not one with a coil in it so you would have a sealed heat exchanger system and a ice/water chamber.

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm still a little unclear on how this works.

So for the Maggie application, we replace the plastic reservoir that came with our kits with the tank you show next to the ice box? Do the lines from the tank then run through the ice box for cooling? Do we still have some kind of reserve for our radiator?
You're running a Maggie right? You know your little black water bottle that sits on top? You would remove that and hook the inlet and outlet hoses of that to the ice box. Eskle will have some pics soon. That's what sucks about not having a Maggie or Vortech Jeep around here!:mad:

I will install it as soon as it comes. With step by step pics of course!
Thanks Eskle! We appreciate it.

Looks nice.

Question, is this worth doing if already running a meth system?
Good question. What are you IAT's now? Is your Meth pre or post IAT sensor? I think I remember you saying it was PRE right?

That's awesome guys!! That will help alot more than a front mount intercooler.
Cooler is better!! Nice product!!
Thanks Chris...

Nice work guy's.
Thanks Boo.;)

I take it this is a single chamber box only. Not one with a coil in it so you would have a sealed heat exchanger system and a ice/water chamber.
Yes it is a single chamber.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Looks nice. Nice explanation of how it works. I'm curious on how long the ice stays ice. Anticipating feed back. Really nice looking work for sure though. It's worth getting by looks alone. Top notch.

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We wouldn't expect the ice to stay very long. Maybe 1-2 runs back to back. A lot of the Kenne Bell LX guys runs these and they add ice before their runs. The 1-2 runs is just a guess really but we will know more once some guys have run them.

I was talking to Paulo earlier today and he asked about the pump for the Vortechs. One thing that can be done is you can hook the pump up to a switch with a relay so when the engine is off, you can flip the switch and have the pump run and circulate the cold water through the Power Cooler. That way when you go to run the PowerCooler is ice cold and ready to rock.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Does the coolant line quickly pass through the ice box or is it coiled around the inside a few times? I'm guessing if it's coiled we could drop the temperature of the coolant even more.

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There's no coil on the inside. Doesn't mean the design can't be changed though. Lemme talk with Dwight and see what we can think of. No promises though. We would like it tested first and see what the IAT's are first.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Yeah, I was just thinking a longer run of hose (coiled on the inside) would allow for more cooling as the coolant would be subjected to the ice box for a longer period of time.

Love the craftsmanship by the way. Nice work.

·
Registered
562 Posts
A coil in it with a divided system would be better. The coolant then wouldn't be watered down or just pure water for us northern people. Plus antifreeze is better for the system to cut down on impurities build up and corrosion.

And a small drain on the bottom would be perfect.

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's got a drain.

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
Good question. What are you IAT's now? Is your Meth pre or post IAT sensor? I think I remember you saying it was PRE right?
It is on the out side of the power cooler. So I'm guessing that would be post sensor. I haven't done any logs this year. I was hoping to get my dual fuel pumps and 80 lb injectors before I do anymore logs and tune updates (hint, hint)

Looking at a log from last november 46.60\115.0 F was my IAT range during a WOT pass. Not sure if that helps or not.

·
Registered
487 Posts
A coil in it with a divided system would be better. The coolant then wouldn't be watered down or just pure water for us northern people. Plus antifreeze is better for the system to cut down on impurities build up and corrosion.

And a small drain on the bottom would be perfect.
You are exactly right, what's funny is I did a bunch of tests with various coolants and I found there's no difference thermally between them. The coolant is only used to reduce freezing temp, increase boiling temp and increase life of parts by reducing corrosion.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Thank you Harrrison for hearing my request for a dual application R&D it looks Great & cant wait for the pic's & feed back.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts