1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
My guess on the power will be between 350 and 400HP. The reason I say that is Honda does not have a V8 and their strongest production engine is on a TL or RL or some shit like that which is a V6. The only way they can produce a "supercar" is if they put one of their Indy racing engine in it.....LOL.
In the end it's still a Honda.

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
My brother had an old NSX, man that was one sweet ride until he totaled it.

Looking forward to seeing what the production versions look like.

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
space age ricer :D haha

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I saw the commercial and liked it. Although, looks a lot like the r8...
There is a lot of similarities, but I think I like the look of the Honda/Acura better... its a bit more aggressive and edgy looking :D

Nice but under powered. Not very impressive torque/HP for what it was

The 300ZX TT and the Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 was pushing more power at the time
Snails fix all.... :D :D

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
The NSX wasn't about power, it was about light-weight technology, balance and cornering. Even with the V6 they were pulling low 5 0-60s and really low 13 second 1/4s in the late 90's. LT1 Corvettes back then were only making 30 more hp than the NSX. As for it being a Honda, the Lexus LFA is just a Toyota.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
The NSX wasn't about power, it was about light-weight technology, balance and cornering. Even with the V6 they were pulling low 5 0-60s and really low 13 second 1/4s in the late 90's. LT1 Corvettes back then were only making 30 more hp than the NSX.
True and it was an N/A motor, right? Just saying imagine if it was pushing 340HP or better. Also they really stretched out the production of it with very little change, what was it like a 15 year run

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
True and it was an N/A motor, right? Just saying imagine if it was pushing 340HP or better. Also they really stretched out the production of it with very little change, what was it like a 15 year run
Yah it was a 3.0 n/a v6 with vvt, then they went up to a 3.2 towards the end of the run. I think there was a japanese version that was lighter with more hp too.

I'd love to grab one now and slap an LS3 into it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
NSX was a great daily driver

I had an NSX-T as a daily driver for almost 7yrs before the Jeep. ( have an S2k now as a daily driver). The NSX still 'is' a great car. It never felt underpowered (270/290hp pending year). Just don't go stoplight racing an EVO. (Same for the S2k).

The really cool thing was that it felt exotic every second you were in it. The engine over your shoulder and the air intake about a foot from your left ear behind the firewall... with headers and an intake it sounded amazing at 8000RPM. And well .. it had Honda reliability.

My only complaint with the new one is... It just donesn't strike me as 'exotic'... Neither does the GTR. R8 a little.

There is a company slapping LS3s in S2ks BTW.. and keeping 50/50 weight distribution with a little weight added to the trunk. THAT would be fun.

And 'yes'... having two 2 seat sports cars was remarkably impractical... but cool!

Attachments

Reactions: speedking1121
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.