Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Premium Member
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got to see, touch, smell, sit in, and drive a new 2012 SRT8 Jeep and my god... :banana_hitit::banana_hitit:

It is heads and shoulders above the WK1. Interior fit and finish, quality of materials and craftsmanship, and the RIDE! Handeling, the nice features, the look....yeah....

My local Jeep dealership has 3 of them on the lot right now!! Two black, one red crystal metallic or whatever it is. :cool:

· Registered
425 Posts
So what's stopping you?......buy it! :)

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Like I always say to the nay sayers. Get wheel time before you knock it :)

So when you buying one?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Premium Member
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the numbers work out I'll have the black one with Scorpion all season tires in a day or so. Playing the dealer game right now, they are lowballing me on my trade in.

· Registered
1,432 Posts
If the numbers work out I'll have the black one with Scorpion all season tires in a day or so. Playing the dealer game right now, they are lowballing me on my trade in.
Please let us know what kind of deal you get. I'm on the fence...pmt scares the skit out of me!

· Registered
2010 WK1 coming soon......
1,508 Posts
I thought they were crazy when I saw the price tag on the 12's.

Then I got in one and immediately changed my mind. Absolutely amazing vehicles. Miles ahead of anything I ever though chrysler would produce.

· Speed Junkie
483 Posts
So I finally got to see, touch, smell, sit in, and drive a new 2012 SRT8 Jeep and my god... :banana_hitit::banana_hitit:

It is heads and shoulders above the WK1. Interior fit and finish, quality of materials and craftsmanship, and the RIDE! Handeling, the nice features, the look....yeah....

My local Jeep dealership has 3 of them on the lot right now!! Two black, one red crystal metallic or whatever it is. :cool:
Been saying it for months now ............:D

· Registered
69 Posts
Aside from proper QC inspection, I think the truck is well worth the asking price. It drives, looks, feels and has all the amenities of what you should expect from a vehicle in that price bracket or even higher......plus it's just bad a**.

· Premium Member
2,529 Posts
You're lucky!

At least you got to sit in one first. I never sat in a regular GC, let alone an SRT version. I ordered one on reputation alone, same as I did with my 06' Charger SRT as well as my 07' FJ Cruiser.

Touch wood, I've never been let down yet.

· Registered
1,249 Posts
I want one too......but it's just too much of a $ loss for me to trade my 2010. I don't love my 2010 any less, but I saw a Silver WK2 yesterday and I'm just getting a fever for it.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

· JEEP SRT since 2006
1,294 Posts

I agree, once you drive it then you almost forget about all the things you may have thought negatively about it before. Even the price doesn't seem out of line.

Good luck with your purchase.

· Registered
112 Posts
After two days of ownership i agree and confirm. The truck rocks and is near perfect. I was actually really adamant about getting new wheels, but now i am not so sure as i actually like them more than expected especially with the black. Stereo is awesome, the look the ride the ability to adjust the suspension is huge!

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I was out fooling around tonight working on 0-60 pulls. I'm still saying stock for stock the WK2 pulls harder off the line. I should get the go pro out and get some videos. I swear all 4 are spinning from a dig.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
I was out fooling around tonight working on 0-60 pulls. I'm still saying stock for stock the WK2 pulls harder off the line. I should get the go pro out and get some videos. I swear all 4 are spinning from a dig.

Sent from my iPhone 4S
You ever get back up here we will find out for sure. Looking forward to running you with the wife's.

Jim

· Premium Member
220 Posts
I traded my 2010 last week, had purchased it last fall and only put 1200 miles on it. My wife bought the wk2 2011 overland summit last spring and we really like it, I was trying to avoid spending the extra $$ for the SRT when it was introduced, but deep down the overland was superior in so many ways to the wk1, I knew I'd eventually succumb. Now I'm sorry I didn't order last summer and save a couple of grand. While the WK1 was really nice and I enjoyed doing a few mods to it, the wk2 is more to my liking. I got back what I paid for the 2010 in trade, so no looking back for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.