Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Jeep SRT8, red in colour. Always wanted an SRT, and when the time came, this was the one for me. I have only had it for 8 months, but for some reason, I am starting to lose my interest. I thought the gas mileage would have been the reason, but coming from a Magnum RT, the gas is not as bad as I thought it would be.

It is fast, and I could go weeks without seeing another one. I also like the fact if you really did not know what it was, you might think I was someone who put big wheels on a "grocery getter"(not my words, but from someone at work). I do not want to say I am getting bored of my truck but I do not know what is going on. I definitely do not want a more responsible vehicle, that would drive me insane. I just want my passion back, and I know the people on this site are some of the most passionate I could find.

So in closing, is there anyone who had the same feeling with their truck? What did you do about it? Or is it just me? By the way, my vehicle is almost stock, with only a predator 91 tune on it.

·
RIP Chuck G.
6,339 Posts
Do you have the need for more power is the biggest question?

I have a 2007 Jeep SRT8, red in colour. Always wanted an SRT, and when the time came, this was the one for me. I have only had it for 8 months, but for some reason, I am starting to lose my interest. I thought the gas mileage would have been the reason, but coming from a Magnum RT, the gas is not as bad as I thought it would be.

It is fast, and I could go weeks without seeing another one. I also like the fact if you really did not know what it was, you might think I was someone who put big wheels on a "grocery getter"(not my words, but from someone at work). I do not want to say I am getting bored of my truck but I do not know what is going on. I definitely do not want a more responsible vehicle, that would drive me insane. I just want my passion back, and I know the people on this site are some of the most passionate I could find.

So in closing, is there anyone who had the same feeling with their truck? What did you do about it? Or is it just me? By the way, my vehicle is almost stock, with only a predator 91 tune on it.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Are you a car guy? If so, it's inevitable... I think the Jeep is one of the coolest vehicles that's out there, but sometimes I think about trading it for something different. Heck, I just sold my Acura NSX, which was pretty heavily mod'd and an absolute blast to drive. There were times that I thought it would be with until I couldn't drive anymore, but I wanted something different. One thing that helps me is that I have a good handful of cars and sometimes I'll drive a slow one for days on end and then when I drive the Jeep or the Maserati, they seem that much better! We get used to what we have, so it's a matter of finding ways to appreciate what you have. That or move on to something different. Personally, I'd like a 2nd gen CTS-V, but right now, the Jeep is better for me as it's easier to buckle my little GOTTSPDs into a SUV than it is into a sedan.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
With some simple modding, and a little bit of change from the couch cusions, i think you could get your "interest" back. Just a CMR tune would give you a little bit of feeling back. Exhaust so you could hear it a little better. And then theres always heads/cam package to get the "go fast" feeling back, or if you really wanna feel good, go s/c or turbo. Question is, how deep are your couch cusions!?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I can understand thinking its not fast enough, but you just don't like it ?

Stick a maggie on there. Start modding and you'll stay interested.

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
Do some visual mods to get your interest back up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you have the need for more power is the biggest question?
No, not yet.

With some simple modding, and a little bit of change from the couch cusions, i think you could get your "interest" back. Just a CMR tune would give you a little bit of feeling back. Exhaust so you could hear it a little better. And then theres always heads/cam package to get the "go fast" feeling back, or if you really wanna feel good, go s/c or turbo. Question is, how deep are your couch cusions!?
Cushions are deep, but I will wait until at least the spring before the mods start. With the cool weather starting, and snow in the next few months, that will pi$$ me right off.

Go hunt down a coulpe Mustangs or SS Camaro's

Done and done. Maybe I have not done that enough, but I am usually not the only one in the car.

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
You must be crazy... I love getting in mine everyday, even when it was stock.

But with the blower, I want to drive it 24/7! So I think you need some more power :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Sometimes I feel the same way about mine , and mine is pretty tricked out with go fast goodies ... All it takes is one ride and I'm all in love again Haha , SO I THINK YOU NEED A BLACK JEEP To be honest :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
i fell in love with it all over again ever single time i looked at it. not to mention when i drove it. u truly dont know what you have till its gone... =(

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
I need mine back, i forget what its like.... So i understand how u feel.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
this happened to me with my jet skis after riding for 6 years and working it up to 15lbs of boost and a ported polished head, running well over 80mph each time out is getting old, i want to ditch this thing for a srt lol

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
F/I FTW!, i cant wait till i get bored and just "have to" build up my baby ;) haha

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts

I want a lot of stuff... then I get it and lose interest too. So I stopped buying things...

I've been involved in various sports and been through so many phases in my life that I often wonder what can I possibly do that will renew the passions I once had when I was younger. Example: moto-x, formula racing, snow skiing (GS), volleyball (6&2 Man), billiards, fishing (fresh/saltwater), off-roading, day hiking, vintage hot rods, etc ....

I keep going back to those things of the past trying to rekindle the flame... most often it's short lived or the void is quickly fulfilled. I even tried cheating on my girlfriend, but the guilt is unbearable..

What else is happening in your life? ... the Jeep is just an object.

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts

Are you keeping it detailed or is it dirty most of the time? A dirty car usually makes you feel like that, but once you spend some time detailing it and then when you are done just sit back, relax, have a beer and admire how nice she's looking again, you'll fall in love with it all over again without even having to drive it.
If is not that... Paint it silver...! Problem solved! :D

i fell in love with it all over again ever single time i looked at it. not to mention when i drove it. u truly dont know what you have till its gone... =(
So true... I regret selling my '92 Jeep Renegade so much. :(

I want a lot of stuff... then I get it and lose interest too. So I stopped buying things...

I've been involved in various sports and been through so many phases in my life that I often wonder what can I possibly do that will renew the passions I once had when I was younger. Example: moto-x, formula racing, snow skiing (GS), volleyball (6&2 Man), billiards, fishing (fresh/saltwater), off-roading, day hiking, vintage hot rods, etc ....

I keep going back to those things of the past trying to rekindle the flame... most often it's short lived or the void is quickly fulfilled. I even tried cheating on my girlfriend, but the guilt is unbearable..

What else is happening in your life? ... the Jeep is just an object.

Funniest thing I've read in this thread... :lol:

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Well lets see,before I even finshed signing the paper works,I was in the parking lot with dental floss debadging the jeep logos then got bored with it,then a day later I installed the corsa cat back & got bored with it,that afternoon my Afe intake came in so I installed it & then got bored with it, so I ordered the preadator & it was all GGGG for a while & guess what? yep! I got bored with it so I got a zex no2 kit with custom N/A & no2 tunes...& you won't guess what happened! I got bored with it,next I ordered Headers :) it held me off for a few months! theeen Hmmmm some how I got bored with it,next I got a stage 2 valve body & got bored with it & I jumped on the vortech group buy & WOW I'm not so bored with it...:) I feel just like Johnny,I want to drive it 24/7.......as you can see Moding helps kill the boredom & brings back that spice in you & your Jeeps relationship...:) Catch that mod bug its a great sickness!

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Sometimes I feel the same way about mine , and mine is pretty tricked out with go fast goodies ... All it takes is one ride and I'm all in love again Haha , SO I THINK YOU NEED A BLACK JEEP To be honest :)
HaHa....^ I wish I saw this post earlier..quoting this would have been faster then typing my story.:D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts