Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll tell you, I never thought I would end up loving adding mods like I now do. Ever since I took the plunge and did my stroker build, I just fell in love with our hemi's and what they are really capable of even more.

So I just couldn't wait till next week for HHP's grand opening party, I figured I would take a ride to Delaware to see the team at HHP. Well, the shop was packed as usual with builds everywhere representing many states and each srt model.

Josh was great as usual as well as the staff, took the time to go over my set up and even install a unplanned purchase. I figured since I was there and I never changed my original throttle body I would take a shot at it since everyone says its a great mod. I am aware that I have gone backwards as the throttle body is usually one of the first mods we do before a whole stroker build, but the backwards thing has worked for me so far, why change lol.

Ok, let me tell you if you are even thinking of getting a throttle body, don't wait just do it. I was amazed on the difference it made on my entire proformance. My truck just really came alive, and snapped out with each throttle press in both low and high speeds.

Then I spent the rest of the day watching some nice builds coming together, including some cool experimental projects that I'm not at liberty to talk about.

Looking forward to next week for thier party, and the free dyno pulls.

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Nice man , I would think that 426 would definitely benefit from a TB , 90 MM is what I'm thinking ?

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I chose their modern muscle 87m TB. I wanted to keep the stock seals. I already have their ported intake, and I didn't want to get into issues with added tuning with the 90m. Since this is mostly a daily driver I wanted to stay away from that. I have my dyno pulls from stock TB, so I'm looking forward to next weeks pulls with it, to see if I pick anything up.
Though as I said before, it just drives so much better as I was dealing with some mushy bogging at low speeds. We were leaning towards the MTCM since sometimes it gets our trans confused with conflicting shift points. Also Johan thought maybe I was having issues with a loose stall, but we really found it was connecting right on. Once we installed the new throttle body, everything just came together. I am very impressed. Now I am just finishing up with Johan on a few tweaks with my tune.
Here's a picture: just click on the picture to enlarge:

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Nice , same thing as the 90 basically , and no you would have absolutely NO issues with , for an instance Arrington TB ,Which the looks puts the Modern muscle's 87 to shame he he

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I saw the Arrington one on the website. It is really nice as it looks like an upgrade, and the mm keeps the stock look.

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
btw the engine bay looks incredible man , Are you coming to Atco tomorrow ?

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you, it's getting there. I'm so pissed off billet can't do hemi orange on their items, I even offered to pay custom. What the hell, one of their biggest markets are hemi motors so why would you not have classic hemi orange but then you make burnt orange??? Baffles me!!
Who's going to Atco tomorrow? I didn't know anything was going on? I would love to go if people were meeting up. This would be my first time, so I hope someone can help me run my jeep for the first time. I'm sure I will suck lol, so I might ask someone who has a lot of runs to run my jeep for me to get a real time, you game dude? Lol

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Bro you come to atco tomorrow and let me handle that jeep he he , bring your predator as I have the laptop covered :)

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What time is everyone meeting? I'm gonna try to get out of my nephews birthday party, if I can swing it I will take the trip down. Dam I wish I new before hand

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.