Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick Vent....lol

I park in Egypt anywhere I go, not just with this truck but all my cars. The other day this lady in a Ford Windstar pulls in next to me, she had to be going 40mph pulling into the spot:rofl:

She opens her door wide and I'm sitting in the car like wow, that was close.....then she shuffles around trying to find something in her car for a while and kicks the door open wider:eek: She hits my mirror folds it in the opposite direction and looks to see if anyone was in the car(I have tint so she couldn't see) I put my window down and was a little upset, I just said you gotta be more careful! She goes on the defense about how she didn't do any damage...she never looked! Then she gives me a story about how she was in a hit and run.....WHO CARES! I was respectful, I wouldn't want anyone screaming on my mom but my mom is also cautious of things like that.

· Registered
231 Posts
Some people have no regard for other peoples vehicles, let alone their own.When I'm opening my door and the space is questionable, I personally will put my hand between my door and their vehicle so they don't hit. I even do this in my work vans! I also hate when you park vehicle aside from every one else and you come out of the store and someone is parked inches away from you, I always do a walk around to make sure they didnt open their doors into my ride.:fight:

· Speed Junkie
483 Posts
Some people have no regard for other peoples vehicles, let alone their own.When I'm opening my door and the space is questionable, I personally will put my hand between my door and their vehicle so they don't hit. I even do this in my work vans! I also hate when you park vehicle aside from every one else and you come out of the store and someone is parked inches away from you, I always do a walk around to make sure they didnt open their doors into my ride.:fight:
I do the same but for every person like us there are 10 that are clueless and 10 more that don't give a sh*t. No matter where you park some bonehead will park on top of you .Ive came out of store before and barely have enough room to get in and if a see a door ding I usually return the favor on my entry with a size 10 print flat on middle of door:mad: all is fair when you ding me being a dumb*ss :fight:

· "guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,868 Posts
On my first Jeep (now BDCARMA) I got a stone chip in the windshield and a door ding within 4 hours one day. Oh, and there was less then 200 miles on the vehicle. :mad:

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
This is one of the thing that pisses me off most. Or those f_ck heads that back up into you in a parking lot.

I try to stay as far away as possible. Find those end spots next with the medians in front and one side. So
I only gotta deal with on idiot next to me.

Or, if I see another nice whip I'll respectfully park near it. I assume they'll understand why I'm there. Avoiding idiots like they are. I figure they are a safe option to park near.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Registered
2020 Dodge Durango SRT
6,054 Posts
I totally agree. Parking is a lost art! Lol. I find that when I park next to a curb or median it makes things worse. I maybe have an inch or so between my wheels and curb which leaves plenty of space on the other side. Then the person who parks in the one spot next to me either pulls in right next to the line or on it. :-(

Most people don't care and they fling their door open with no thought of the vehicle next to them. I've watched my mother in law and sister in law do this in the driveway....drives me f-ing nuts!

· Premium Member
1,480 Posts
The people that do that always do that because they don't give a shit.they don't care about thier stuff,They sure are not going to care about yours.When you bring it up they go into defense mode.That has happened to me as well or I go in a store and come out and my mirror is missing.Welcome to the nut house

· Registered
400 Posts
This shit pisses me off too... One of the reasons why I still have my beater Acura for daily driving duties. That car has so many tiny dents in it from parking lots- it's actually pretty damn funny. I'll park that thing anywhere... don't care if it gets beat up. The Dodge and the 300 get parked far away from everything.

Amazing you showed restraint - I would have went off on the old lady. Then keyed her car and flattened her tires. J/K... 60%

· Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This shit pisses me off too... One of the reasons why I still have my beater Acura for daily driving duties. That car has so many tiny dents in it from parking lots- it's actually pretty damn funny. I'll park that thing anywhere... don't care if it gets beat up. The Dodge and the 300 get parked far away from everything.

Amazing you showed restraint - I would have went off on the old lady. Then keyed her car and flattened her tires. J/K... 60%
It was hard man....as soon as I put the window down she started with this story about how someone just hit her car and ran the other day.....$700 worth of damage yada yada!

Once A little kid kicked the door open of his dads STS into my old truck, mother watched it happen! I was like WTF....I said something and the mother asked, did you hit the car...kid was like no! The mother watched it happen!!!!! That one didn't end pretty at all :fight:

· Registered
400 Posts
I've had a number of parking lot accidents...someone backed into my wife's Mustang and took off ($3k damage), a firefighter ran over one of my Corvettes with his truck (he came and found me in the restaurant) and someone hit my Viper the first time I took it out (IHOP) and then took off (minor paint damage). It doesn't bother me if they don't respect their own cars, but if they **** up my shit - there will be hell to pay.

As you can see, I'm still upset...

Just last month I saw some old lady back into a Ford F-150 in the parking lot from my office window...and then took off. It was the pharmacist's vehicle (I work in a medical facility). I'm keeping my eyes open for her daily. I will find her... and I will kill her...

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
^ right on. Serve that street justice

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Registered
1,151 Posts
I firmly believe there needs to be segregated parking... based on how nice the car is :D

· Registered
1,847 Posts
totally agree. Just reading this makes me angry....

I also see/hear about A-Holes who will ding you BECAUSE you're hiding from them. They are just jealous. Why are you allowed to have something nice while they are stuck with a piece of sh1t. So what do they do? get even. They wonder why they cant hold down a job and make any money. Maybe it's the obvious personality flaw?

edit with a side note. I find the chrome strip along the doors is actually a nice door-bumper. It seems to take the hits from MOST other cars....

· Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Yeah nobody cares that's why I park way at the back away from other vehicles and guess what...When I come back everybody decides to park right next to me :fight:
I remember just after we got my wife's brand new vehicle which was a Chevy Avalanche, and we parked it in the housing complex, a Nissan car decides to back up right into it which pretty much totaled that vehicle and we just got a shifted bumper that wasn't even noticeable. Then at the New York Auto Show with Valet Parking...Mr. Dbag parks the vehicle inches away from another vehicle and we get a nice long scrape in the side and they swear we had it there before on our brand new vehicle :mad:. That is why I cannot buy a brand new vehicle, I would probably kill someone for damaging it :mofo:

· Premium Lurker
4,224 Posts
I'm convinced that parking lot etiquette is a microcosm of society as a whole. It's just part of an increasing trend of people showing a lack of regard for their fellow man (or woman). It's simply disgusting and, like most of us here, upsetting the more I think about it. I'll be willing to bet that there isn't an auto enthusiast out there who hasn't had this happen to them.

To the OP, I feel your pain brother. I've found that a couple of stiff drinks can temporarily resolve your issue...

On my first Jeep (now BDCARMA) I got a stone chip in the windshield and a door ding within 4 hours one day. Oh, and there was less then 200 miles on the vehicle. :mad:
Brian - so did all this happen before or after you named your Jeep???

· Speed Junkie
483 Posts
I believe it is a good judge of society today, only focused on themselves and their cell phone that's all that matters. Nobody wants to be held responsible for their actions and if you confront them they rationalize it into not their fault.....I worry about parking before I go anywhere and respect others as if it were my own I'm afraid we are a dying breed a dinosaur........

· Registered
425 Posts
When I park, I always try to park as far away as possible from other vehicles....it's also good exercise! If that's not possible, I try to park next to a nice, expensive vehicle (mutual respect).

It's interesting though that almost every new car that has come out in the last 5 years or so has arrived with no side door mouldings. I know it won't protect against every door ding but at least it provides some protection.

· Registered
532 Posts
I always find an end spot so only one car can park next to me, then cozy up to the curb. Gotta be careful tho because rash costs more to fix than door dings!

· Registered
3,086 Posts
over here spaces are made for small euro cars , not srts :-( , right now my rig is a dent magnet , ive spent over £1k in repairs in the last month

· Registered
611 Posts
You know what else is f-ed up? Turds that leave their shopping carts next to their cars or the car next to them.
I was at Macy's the other day with the wife, I waited in the car because I cant stand shopping with her LOL. I like to people watch lots of clueless S.O.B's out there. So as I'm sitting there radio surfing I see this woman packing bags in her minivan. When she's done she moves the cart like 2 feet just enough for her to get out. While the cart sits there a gust of wind sends the thing hauling ass like 30 feet and it smashes, I mean I was in my car with radio on and heard it kind of smash into a parked car. The car it hit was a piece of shit but still it aint right. All I could say is thats f-ed up. So, also watch out for those run away carts.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.