Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Washing it. Dayum it sucks with all the nooks and crannies. Dirt even gets on the inside of the doors.

And the wheels, don't even get me started with cleaning the wheels.

Reactions: YKPizzaGuy

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Haha. I'm a touchless wash guy. Then I'll detail it once most the filth is off.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
405 Posts
inside the rear doors gets super nasty for some reason. i have to use microfiber towels to get all that crap out and then i throw the towel away. great way to scratch the hell out of your paint.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Not just the 2012s. Our 2010 gets smut inside the doors and it makes a mess. There are a lot of things I don't like about newer GMs but Chrysler could certainly learn something from them about sealing doors. My 2011 GMC truck stays clean in that those areas. Now under the hood on the GMC is another story.:boohoo:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Washing a black car is even worse! There's nothing more beautiful than a clean, immaculate black car. But I swear, 30 minutes after it's washed and dried, it's already covered with dust! :(

·
Registered
419 Posts
I hear ya on a black vehicle. My last black car EVER was a C5 fixed roof coupe. Damn sexy when clean but drive it 10 feet a d you had to break out the California car duster.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
The mineral gray takes the dirt well.

Hell, just yesterday it was bright and sunny, but snowing large/wet, almost hail like snow, all while during a dust storm. Crazy desert mountain weather. I guess you could say my WK2 looks like a dirt ball right now. But still pretty clean looking.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
220 Posts
Exactly why i went with red this time. My 2 previous vehicles were both black and i could never keep them clean! Sure the red gets plenty dirty too, but holds up much better than the black. Now those rims are another story! Anyone else notice how dirt builds up on the inside of the rim and is very hard to clean. When i'm cleaning off the brake dust with a towel, it always grabs the dirt from the inside of the rim and spreads it to the outside of the rim, very annoying!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.