Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

As my title says I don't drive an srt8; I drive the other performance suv, a tbss. It is a 2008 trialblazer ss, but the main reason I am on here is to learn about your driveline for a project build of awd into a muscle car, my 1968 olds 442. I was originally going to go with a borg warner out of the astro/syclone/typhoons, but was told the adaptive torque cases are the way to go. The Nv146 was the way to go from what I am told as I want to mount it behind a t-56 with a vette rear flange. I am planning on learning about the T-case a lot, and I have already found that builder bill is well respected in his components.

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
Holy electronics integration Batman! Sounds cool. How do you plan on activating the motor on the transfer case? Our transfer cases deliver 90% rwd, 10% fwd......but when the rear tires spin, it can deliver up to 60% rwd, and 40% fwd.

·
Registered
555 Posts
why don't use the one from a awd tbss? you'll keep it all gm, and also bulletproof.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was told that I could use a GM case like the tahoe has, but with the internals from an srt8 to create a nv146 with GM flanges.

For the wheel spin, I am sure a sensor could be used on the axle side shafts or the ABS sensor on the Corvette rear hubs I plan to run on every corner could probably give that information. I have talked with someone on pro-touring.com who told me about this route.

As to using the trailblazer parts, I think my normal split is F33/R66 with the range from f25/r75 to f45/r55. This is different than your units. It is also a torsen unit which I am not sure how it works, yet I hear it is capable of 750 hp. I don't have big hp numbers at the build time, probably base line ls2 or ls3. And build up from there as time goes on, all while sorting out the chassis.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.