Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
There are a million posts on this... Long of it I don't know where you are going to get a WK1 Atak system. S-Type (subjective, but everyone knows it's right) sounds the best of any catback period if you like deep refined muscle growl. It also has the best size/style/length tips of any system. Issues are drone from low resonant frequency at cruising and there is no work around. Venturis, j pipes, etc If you wan't an internally quiet system, Borla is not the corredct choice - which is a bummer! Wish there was a way to get it all.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I don’t have any drone with my borla, but then again, I still have cats and stock manifolds, I like the deep sound and when I get on it it’s aggressively loud ... for some reason I can’t post the video from YouTube on here

·
Registered
158 Posts
I envy a person who has the non-droning Borla.

There's no salvation on my build, so off the rear Borla resos stay (welding them back on didn't cure it all and the balance was just off between exhaust and headers). Love hate kinda thing, but damn it is the meanest.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey guys has anybody have the Borla S-type installed and cut one of the muffler or the resonator??
I have the Borla S-type installed on a stock cats and was thinking about cutting one of the muffler/resonator off
what do you guys think??

·
Registered
481 Posts
I installed the s type on stock cats but I didn’t remove the resonator or muffler, guys have been complaining about the drone

·
Registered
158 Posts
Doesn't matter, they are both identical resonators. My rears are cut out and straight piped. It's mean, full of tone... full of drone. Put them back in for a couple days and just brought the entire system output down, same drone. Was way imbalanced to the headers, so back to just one reso.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have no idea just going to cut the one in the back and see if I like the sounds like if I don't I'll cut both ;) man I miss the sound when it was straight pipe with no cats but mad codes though:(

·
Registered
36 Posts
Borla type S with the magnaflow off-road midpipe sounds like Armageddon.... very mean, loud, and deep sound not for the faint of heart or family friendly in The least....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts