Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit: Price Drop.

I've been around these forums for a bit, but not terribly active recently. Had a lot of help from members here, bought some parts that are on the Jeep now from members and vendors. Skip @ Demon Performance sourced the SHR Trans for me as well as some other parts, and provided a TON of help over the phone for me. It was a long project, with a lot of hurdles, but its complete and running well.

Selling my fully forged, stroked (420ci) and supercharged 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 – black on black. 590 All-Wheel HP on 93 Octane pump gas. This Jeep has been built from the ground up to be a durable sleeper. Never tracked, raced or abused. Bought in 2013 with 95k miles, and built as a hobby. I’ve been building forced induction cars as a hobby since 1999, including an RB25DET swapped 240sx, 2 from scratch race RX-7s with turbos, and several other turbo daily-drivers that I upgraded. I had always wanted to do a twin screw style Whipple build instead of the typical centrifugal supercharger or turbo build. I’m looking to do an off-road build next – so time to sell/trade the Jeep! Guys with similar setups are running mid-high 10s 1/4s with this kind of power.

Mileage: 104k (less than 5k on new engine, less than 1k with supercharger)
VIN: 1J8HR78308C143968

History:
Bought from a Texas Dealer in 2013 and garaged (heated) ever since. I spent almost 2 years since then in training for the Army, so not much work was done until 2015. It was started and driven regularly to keep things in order.

Build started with the N/A long-block build and transmission install from Late Model Throttle in WI. Drove sparingly for 2 years N/A before deciding to finish the supercharger addition. Did a significant amount of the SC components install myself, before passing it on to The Shop in Lincoln, NE for wrap-up and AWD dyno tuning. Got it back from The Shop in Nov 2019, and have put about 200 miles on this spring. Runs like a champ, easy and fun to drive, boost is predictable and controllable – but TONS of power on tap when you hit WOT. Bypass set for in-town or light highway driving, so its not unruly unless you want it to be.

Exterior: 7/10
Decent shape for a 12 year old vehicle. Panels all align well, small crack in rear bumper from transport company. Small enough I didn’t notice for 2 weeks after I got it back. Freshly clay-bar’d and waxed. Headlights are stock HID Projectors.

Interior: 8/10
All stock leather interior, VERY clean. All original floormats are in good shape. Driver’s seat plastic cracked next to adjustment knobs, but stays in place fine. All electrics work, including NAV and rear entertainment. Wired for sub system, but I never used those lines. Freshly professionally detailed interior.

Wheels/Tires/Brakes: 7/10
Stock wheels, painted flat black. Some curb/mounting rash, but nothing huge. Tires are Nitto Motivo (275/40/ZR20 – Front and 315/35/ZR20 – Rear), less than 7k miles on them, plenty of life left. Brakes are stock Brembos.

Engine/Suspension: 9/10
Stroked to 420ci, fully built, all forged internals. Full build spec in attached invoice from LMT. Southern Hot Rod WAR VIKING NAG1 transmission, Kooks LT Headers, Kooks hi-flow Cats, B&B stainless catback. 2.4L Whipple supercharger installed (water/air intercooled), pushing about 12lbs of boost. S/C was bought used from another Jeep SRT8 installer who went turbo. ATI 5% Overdrive Race Balancer is front pinned. 450Walbro fuel pump. 80Lb Siemens Injectors. Cometic Gaskets, ARP Studs/bolts.

I added a drain plug to the front for oil changing, and inspected while I had it apart. Oil Catch can from Demon Performance. Relocated power steering reservoir needs a permanent mounting solution, but is functional and in close to location. Intercooler reservoir needs a permanent mount fabricated, but it also in place and functional. S/C Body is tapped for the proper Air Temp Sensor, Wiring fully rerouted/extended/wrapped.

Stock SRT8 suspension. About time for newer shocks, but overall fully functional. Completely rebuilt transfer case with new springs and clutches. Will include wideband O2 sensor and weld-in bung – I thought I might need it for the tuning, but never did.

All parts, spare belts, whatever I have Jeep related comes with it. Also includes spare set of OEM HID Projector headlights – was going to go with custom double projector halos, but never got around to it.

Over $50k invested! 590 AWD HP/ 596 TQ (w/ Dyno sheet from Oct 2019), on 93 Octane pump gas, no additives. All you need to really hit the drag strip is new gears and axles – everything else is built to be bulletproof.

Asking Price: $37,500 $29,500 OBO. In no hurry to sell, under no financial pressure – just want to start my next project this summer. Sold as-is, where-is, no warranty expressed or implied. Will help with arranging shipping if needed, at buyer’s expense. Title in hand – will take certified funds or personal check with 5 business days to clear funds before pickup. Test drives available (obeying laws and speed limits) to buyers with proof of funds, a valid DL, and $1000 refundable cash deposit. More pics linked at bottom of post.

Front-day-w-lights.jpg EngineBay1.jpg Front-day.jpg
Exterior Pictures:
Front - Front w Lights - Front (nighttime) - Driver Exterior - Passenger Exterior - Rear (daytime) - Imgur
Rear Valance damage - Imgur
Rear (nighttime) - Imgur

Engine Bay Pictures:
Engine Bay 1 - Imgur
Engine Bay 2 - Imgur

Interior Pictures:
Odometer - Imgur
Front Interior Passenger - Imgur
Rear Entertainment - Imgur
Center Console (rear) - Imgur
Rear Seats - Imgur
Cargo Area + Mats - Imgur