Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I like having the SRT in the front of the Jeep, so I had to figure out a way to do it. I weighed my options and this is the route I took. Read all directions before starting!

Parts/Tools:

SRT Badge:

(2) Push Fasteners Variable Depth: Found at Lowes in specialty hardware drawers, hardware aisle.

3M Double Sided Trim Tape:

2 Part Epoxy:

Super Glue:

Razor Knife w/ Sharp Blade

Steps:

Now that you got all the necessary things gathered start out by getting the SRT badge.

Notice the tabs on the rear? Those are used to snap the badge into place on the Challenger. Sadly, not so easy for the Jeep, so grab that razor knife (or Dremel tool, etc...) and smooth out the rear.

Now go out to the Jeep and figure out where you want this bad boy at.

Once you're satisfied with location placement of the badge, mark the rear of the badge to locate the push fasteners. Notice the black Sharpie lines line up to the "open" parts of the mesh grill skipping one in between.

Now Mix up that epoxy and glue those push fasteners into place. Center them up to the Sharpie lines and center of the badge. Let them dry for a while. Go grab some lunch like I did lol.

Now this is the part you may get scared at :eek:
I don't take any responsibility for you following my how to guide. If you don't feel comfortable with the next steps, stop now!

With the size push fastener I chose I needed to drill two 11/64" holes.

I bought an extra set up push fasteners to test fit. It held good and tight. I needed to grab some needle nose pliers to pull it out.

Now that the push fasteners are properly dried/cured apply some 3M trim tape for extra peace of mind.

Go test fit everything and once you're happy everything lines up good, pull the backing off the tape and add a little super glue to the threads on the push fasteners and install!

Sit back and admire the job well done :D

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks guys! I'm sure many will find this thread useful.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Go Mongoose Wow!!,Another way is to glue it in place or get one of these very hard to find brand new solid metal aluminum that came off a SRT4.I got one after I glued mine in place.(Remember the glue in place!!) It snaps in but doesnt hold unless it glued in place and its a mess if you put glue on it and find the place it fits in.I will sell this baby to the highest offer

· Super Moderator
11,086 Posts

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Go Mongoose Wow!!,Another way is to glue it in place or get one of these very hard to find brand new solid metal aluminum that came off a SRT4.I got one after I glued mine in place.(Remember the glue in place!!) It snaps in but doesnt hold unless it glued in place and its a mess if you put glue on it and find the place it fits in.I will sell this baby to the highest offer

I used that type on my WK1. I couldn't find any easy way to get behind the grill to get the back plate and nuts on or I would have done something similar.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I saw this while I was digging around the underneath of the jeep.

· Super Moderator
11,086 Posts
Thank you for your contribution! Added to Tech Tips How To forum.
I am a moderator and I approve this thread.

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No problem :cool:

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks very nice Zac & I would have to agree that thing isn't going anywhere.

Pretty neat find in your last pic.

Jim
Thank you. I'm sure you'll see this mod in person one day :p

· Administrator
6,383 Posts
Me too and thanks again Zac!!!

Bernie

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Be glad you're not here now, snowing like heck & below zero wind chill again.

Jim
Boo to that! It's in the 60's during the days here. I might detail the Jeep pretty soon and get out to that park to get some photos in.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.