Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is how I replaced my windshield washer jets. I had already done mine, so I did Jason's (MarylandM3) and took pictures.

This project requires normal hand tools and a lighter, along with possibly needing water proof tape.

This will take about an hour if you take your time.

Difficulty level is maybe 1.5/5.

Parts List:

Anco 4813 Chrysler Wet Arm Adapter - 13"

Anco 3/32" and 7/64" Washer Tubing - 764"

Scan-Tech W0133-1719803-STP Washer T Connector

Ok, First, cut the stock tube up in the corner by the driver's door. Heat the end of the tube lightly with a lighter and insert the T fitting onto it like so:

cut TWO 4 foot lengths of the tubing you bought. Heat them and attach them to the T fitting. this MAY require stretching with a screw driver or needle nose pliers.

For the Passenger side tube, run it inside the hood gasket. Look at the wiper cowl and cut a small slit in the gasket right where the two halves of the cowl create a seam (in the middle of the windshield) Run the tube through this hole.

Pull the passenger side cowl up a little and feed the tube under it and out the hole beneath the wiper arm.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Once the tube is up behind the arm, feed it INSIDE the spring that holds the wiper against the windshield. (yes it fits)

Run the tube along the arm and roughly guess where the clip will go and shorten the tubing to keep from having too much slack.
Attach the end of the tube to the spray nozzle and clip the nozzle to the arm as shown.

Repeat on the driver's side, run the tube under the cowl and through the hole under the arm.

once the clips are in place, test that your tubing is not pinched by pulling the slack out of the tube on the arm, let the slack gather in the driver's corner, there shouldn't be much.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PAYOFF PICS!

AND video of the washers in motion! point and laugh at Jason!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.