Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May be an odd question, but I recently picked up an 06 SRT8 from a dealer down in Jacksonville. When I bough it had a Mopar CAI already installed and uppon inspecting the underside it also had the mufflers removed and replaced with what look like small race resonators. I also believe the T-stat was swapped out after reading the average operating temps for most people and then looking at what my Jeep seems to be running after hours on the Highway.

Any way, all this leads me to wonder if there are any other mods done to this beast that i am unaware of? The engine doesnt seem idle rough or sound like it has cams, then again this is my first SRT8 and i have no baseline. I have also read that some of the cams sound pretty mild.

So this long winded post is really asking how can i tell if i have cams before dropping money on a new set only to find out i have some in it already?!

Thanks,

-Hutch-

· That guy..
1,281 Posts
The jeeps only come with one cam. And the only way to tell would be to get on a Dyno and see what the numbers are, or maybe take a video of the exhaust. If it does have a cam the computer is probably vin locked with a tuner.

My guess is if u don't know, it probably doesn't have one.

· Registered
2,535 Posts
In order to run an aftermarket cam, you have to have a tune written for it as well. If the truck didn't come with a predator or trinity, I would highly doubt that it has one. Not that its impossible, just unlikely.

· Registered
5,046 Posts
In order to run an aftermarket cam, you have to have a tune written for it as well. If the truck didn't come with a predator or trinity, I would highly doubt that it has one. Not that its impossible, just unlikely.
It coud have a cam and the original owner just didn't turn over the tuner

· Registered
2,211 Posts
Stock cams go rub-bub-bub-bub-bub-bub-bub-bub-bub.

Healthy street grinds go ruppity-ruppity-ruppity-ruppity.

Race grinds go bippita-boppita-bippita-boppita-bippita-boppita.

Does that help?

Reactions: StangSlayerMA

· Registered
802 Posts
^^^ lol!!!

· Registered
1,156 Posts
Stock cams go rub-bub-bub-bub-bub-bub-bub-bub-bub.

Healthy street grinds go ruppity-ruppity-ruppity-ruppity.

Race grinds go bippita-boppita-bippita-boppita-bippita-boppita.

Does that help?
LMAO !!! :lol:

· Premium Member
17,169 Posts
That's my buddy David's old Jeep. That thing is pretty stock. Only mods were what you mentioned. It was tuned with my old Predator for a while but it was returned to stock when he traded it so I could get my Predator back. You got a great Jeep. Enjoy it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.