Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to Remove Interior Trim From a Jeep SRT8???? Just simply want to wrap all the Stainless trim pieces(door,shifter trim, A.C. controller pieces) and need to get them out of car to work on.
Any one have a web link they can send with detailed instructions and photos... or any tips or advice???

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Just pop them off. the door pieces pop out. the chrome ring around the shifter pops out then pull on the little card holder in front of the shifter and that whole piece pops out. as for the AC bezel, that just pops out too. dont think any of them actually screw in

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
wk2jeeps.com has the instructions to remove all the interior trim pieces

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wk2jeeps.com has the instructions to remove all the interior trim pieces
Thanks man but Forgot to mention its an '07.... Is there a site like that for the older Jeep?

·
Registered
965 Posts
I did that project on my 06. It is very easy and follow the directions posted above. The shifter is easy start by removing the silver ring it pops right out then do the rest. For the ac area there is a screw that needs to be removed in that little storage slot, then work it out. The window pieces are hard to do as the clips snap off easy i broke one in the process. Be gentle with it and be sure to avoid snapping any clips. Sorry this isnt in too much detail pm me with any questions. OH btw if you got neffy wrap wait till you see the result it looks amazing. carbon fiber is the way to go sweet look

·
Registered
965 Posts
oh btw make sure u disconnect all wire harnesses on the ac control pannel before pulling away the wires only gives you a couple inches to work with so be gentle

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Forgot about the hidden screw in the storage slot. i never put it back in after i removed it the first time!

I did that project on my 06. It is very easy and follow the directions posted above. The shifter is easy start by removing the silver ring it pops right out then do the rest. For the ac area there is a screw that needs to be removed in that little storage slot, then work it out. The window pieces are hard to do as the clips snap off easy i broke one in the process. Be gentle with it and be sure to avoid snapping any clips. Sorry this isnt in too much detail pm me with any questions. OH btw if you got neffy wrap wait till you see the result it looks amazing. carbon fiber is the way to go sweet look

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
wkjeeps.com
Sorry, didn't see it was an '07. It all just pulls off anyway. Lol

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for the useful information.... Will post some pics once completed!!!

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
ive done a few pieces. but ran out when i wanted to do the center console around the stereo. looks good

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Whats your opinion on using a "Hemi" orange for the interior pieces. I have done the piece around the shifter and cant determine whither I like it or not... Might be to "Loud".... but at least it will keep it protected from scratches I guess. The materiel is free from work so Im not worried about the cost.. Whacha think.... Should I keep going or stop and rip it off??? Any feed back would be great!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
too intense of a color for me, im doing the same but i think im doing CF
Thats what im thinking too. Not sure I want to wear my sunglasses all the time! LOL.... Prob going to order some of this CF material in graphite or silver:

http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/

·
Registered
965 Posts
i did neffy wrap on mine and it came out awesome

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am having troubles getting the Bezel around the A.C. Off.... Is there any documentation or tips on getting it off? I have removed the screw that is located in the storage spot, and it still wont come off. I dont want to pull to hard and break any clips that might be holding it on. Can someone please point out where these clips might be. And also need same thing for door lock bezel. And help is greatly appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
965 Posts
theres actually a pic of my drivers side door pannel in my fs add for my truck look in the pics you can get a glimpse of it if you want more pics let me know

1 - 20 of 21 Posts