1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1. Remove transfer case actuator
2. Put Jeep in dyno mode
3. Do dyno runs
4. Put transfer case actuator back in
5. Take Jeep out of dyno mode
6. Go home :)

Am I missing anything or have the steps in the wrong order? Also, does anyone have any detailed pictures or instructions on how to remove the transfer case actuator?

·
Registered
6,994 Posts
IMO if you can hit up any AW DYNO that way you will get true numbers as you drive in 4 wheel drive and you wont have to take anything out of the T/CASE. The dyno tuner should no all that stuff and if he DOESNT dont let him touch your jeep.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
IMO if you can hit up any AW DYNO that way you will get true numbers as you drive in 4 wheel drive and you wont have to take anything out of the T/CASE. The dyno tuner should no all that stuff and if he DOESNT dont let him touch your jeep.
:) Only numbers I care about are my 1/4 mile times. I'm only doing this so I can have the Jeep remotely dyno tuned and I can also find out what an appropriate stall speed would be for an aftermarket converter. I tried the AWD dyno shops that are local and they all said no :(

How exactly do you put the jeep in "dyno mode"?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
With the DS Trinity

·
RIP Chuck G.
6,339 Posts
That's bs, I have dynoed both awd and 2 wd and put down same numbers.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Guess I'll have to mess with mine after work. I've never seen dyno mode before...
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
1. Remove transfer case actuator
2. Put Jeep in dyno mode
3. Do dyno runs
4. Put transfer case actuator back in
5. Take Jeep out of dyno mode
6. Go home :)

Am I missing anything or have the steps in the wrong order? Also, does anyone have any detailed pictures or instructions on how to remove the transfer case actuator?
That's pretty much it just make sure to remove the electrical plug on the TC motor prior to removing the (4) 10mm bolts bro... Everything else looks fine bro.....

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:) Folks, I appreciate the info on dyno numbers (AWD vs RWD), but I honestly do not care about what numbers come out. If I get the numbers I want at the track, I'm good. Bump for any diagrams anyone has of the transfer case, bolts, etc.

That's pretty much it just make sure to remove the electrical plug on the TC motor prior to removing the (4) 10mm bolts bro... Everything else looks fine bro.....
Thanks bro. So I just reverse the steps you described when I'm putting the motor back in?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
:) Folks, I appreciate the info on dyno numbers (AWD vs RWD), but I honestly do not care about what numbers come out. If I get the numbers I want at the track, I'm good. Bump for any diagrams anyone has of the transfer case, bolts, etc.

Thanks bro. So I just reverse the steps you described when I'm putting the motor back in?

Yes reverse the steps when installing the TC motor back in.... The motor will only go back in one way as there is a gear at the end of the motor that is keyed....

Reactions: Texas SRT8

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I have the Predator instead of the Trinity. Does the Predator have a dyno mode?

Reactions: tugboatchad

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
I have the Predator instead of the Trinity. Does the Predator have a dyno mode?
Absolutely! I just used dyno mode on a predator with my buddies 300. Maybe in options or quick adjust? You'll find it if you look deep, Dave.

Dyno mode turns off traction control and some other functions within the TCM and abs. It helps the car to understand what we are doing and what it needs to do.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:) Alright, Jeep should be going on the dyno in about a week and a half. Shop just needs a few pictures and instructions of the t-case so they can quote me on the labor. Anybody have any pics/instructions?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, found a few pictures of the t-case motor and plug. Anyone know the torque spec on the four 10mm bolts?

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Bump for the torque specs. Also, will I lose a little t-case fluid when I take the motor out?

No fluid will come out man and as far as the torque specs I tightened the bolts all the way until they stop and about 1/2 to a 3/4 turn more and that's it.... If you find the specs post them up....

Reactions: Texas SRT8
1 - 20 of 20 Posts