Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo guys
I have a jeep SRT 2016 and drive a lot on ECO mode. The drone sound, when the egine shifts on 4 cylinders, is disturbing.
Is there any configuration or any trick to drive on 4 cylinders and at the same time to reduce or eliminate this drone sound?
P.S. I have also the custom mode configuration.

·
Registered
2016 Grand Cherokee SRT
2 Posts
i too have the 2016 but I don’t think I hear a drone sound. What’s it sound like? Like exhaust drone?

·
Registered
2016 Grand Cherokee SRT
2 Posts
Thanks Dude for your reply. Yes it sounds like exhaust drone.
i don’t remember fully on the stock exhaust. I’ve had the borla Atak for a good while now. I still get a slight drone even though the company states no drone.. lol I don’t think we can completely delete drone 🤔

·
Registered
67 Posts
I used a tune and turned off MSD... I never liked the way it felt and sounded... even with the factory exhaust... I also think the MDS may shorten the life of your motor...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Get a Diablosport intune and you can turn it off.
I can turn the sound off but the MDS will still function isn't it?
Yon know, I need the MDS to function in order to minimise my fuel expenses, but I want to get rid of this disturbing sound.
Thank you for answering JLinn

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Yon know, I need the MDS to function in order to minimise my fuel expenses, but I want to get rid of this disturbing sound.
If you turn it off with a diablotuner it won't function.
I think if you put the console knob to Sport the MDS is turned off.

·
Registered
311 Posts
The easiest way is just tapping the paddle shifter to put it in manual mode, which will disable the MDS

Sent from my Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you're trying to minimize fuel costs in a vehicle like this, you bought the wrong vehicle. Drive it in custom mode or get the tune someone else mentioned. Drive. Enjoy.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just drive around in sport mode and it fixes it. Can get away with this in winter due to winter tires in all but the worst conditions when I stick it back in snow mode (the worst conditions are ice)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Going into Sport or Track mode does not disable MSD in my SRT.
Going into Manual Mode does, but then I have to remember to go back into Auto Mode before taking off after coming to a stop......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts