Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have ordered hids for my high beams i live on a dark road now with lots of deers who like to play so i tried to put them in with resistors and nothing and tried without and nothing. I read on another forum that guys put a relay for them to work but i have a relay on the low beams do i need to run 2 seperate relays ?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Not sure on the US models but with DRL in Canada they have a real issue to make them work . I have to use a canbus ballast to make my Highs work with a regular ballast and relay it shut the truck down and refused to let it start up . Unplugged it and all was fine . If you don't have DRl's it might work without any issues but don't quote me on that Many have tried and had problems .

Reactions: SRTat3U

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm i didn't think it was gonna be a headache like this :( thanks for the input ill keep fishing around for info thanks :)

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Simple , hook it up using a relay just like your low beam .

Reactions: SRTat3U

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
I have no resistors on either low or fogs on mine for over 2 yrs with no issues .

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have no resistors on either low or fogs on mine for over 2 yrs with no issues .
He's trying to do Highs they are way different then Low's and Fogs

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Hids are really not good for highs, especially if you use them momentarily

Second they dont work very well on the Jeep, I installed them but had problems and just removed them. Maybe just better off switching the bulb out for something better

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah most likely 10 seconds when road is dark if another driver is coming on other side take em off but I think I might go ahead and do some yellow piaa bulbs or something

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
no reason to run HID high beams, you turn them off and on so much that they don't have time to warm up fully and its not good to turn HIDs on and off a lot. my HID fogs stay on with high beams now thanks to local dealer

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I drive for intervals of 20 seconds sometimes more on dark roads near my house only life is dears lol I need the scan tool to do that also with the reverse side mirrors go down

·
One, two, GIT SUM!!
1,428 Posts
Has anyone found a fix for Canadian jeeps with the drl? Is there a fuse somewhere for drl that you can yank out?

·
Registered
665 Posts
No fuse that i have found .I use 2 relay harnesses to trigger each ballast with one I ran into problem and used the newer slim Can-bus ballast . The retro fit source has a new Mopar relay harness I want to try but haven't got a chance yet

·
One, two, GIT SUM!!
1,428 Posts
I will figure this out. And let my fellow Canadians know how to do it

Reactions: roadboy

·
One, two, GIT SUM!!
1,428 Posts
Ok so I got it figured out on how to get it to work, I wired in a whole damn circuit for the high beams and put Mariettes on the stock wiring. Used a piaa light switch for inside the cabs and relays under the hood.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i have hids in low, fog and high beam. all i did what run 3 relay harness for the hids. then ran another relay between the lows and highs so the highs did not operate untill the lows came on. so by doing this i have no drl. i try'd everything to make it work right that was the only way it'd work for me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.