Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a 2007 Jeep SRT8 stock I am looking for mods I can throw in to get it to go from 0-60 in under 4 seconds I know there is the supercharger route but was wondering if there was a cheaper route.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Haha, flux capacitor?

On good cold nights and low elevations I pulled 3.8s 0-60 on my scan gauge. Just Johan tune, Volant CAI, borla S and catch can. I'd usually be low 4's other wise.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
351 Posts
Glad to hear that, I'm going that same direction. Volant installed, Borla on the way, next Johan tune.

Haha, flux capacitor?

On good cold nights and low elevations I pulled 3.8s 0-60 on my scan gauge. Just Johan tune, Volant CAI, borla S and catch can. I'd usually be low 4's other wise.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
My best with cam and headers on street tune with killer air was 3.9. I don't see a tune and CAI doing it......

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts

Reactions: jethro146

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
Has anyone ran that gauge against their track slips to see how accurate it is? Even with pictures I still find it hard to believe. Unless it was Wade's Jeep of course! Haha!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
just for argument sake I go 4.2 all night long @ 2400 ft with tweaks still being made to the tune on 91 oct. thats on my trinity and its been about .15 slower than my times at the track so high 3's I think are possible with intake and tune @ sea level. So to the OP depending on your elevation you wont have to do much to get those sub 4 sec 0-60 times

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I've ran my gauge against the track time slips, pretty close. It reads from the jeeps computer just like the performance computers on the newer ones have. Like I said, those were best case low DA and cold nights. I was usually low 4's.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
remember the gauge records the trap and ET at 1/4 mile, not the average of the last whatever feet like at a track. Plus the gauge records the instant the truck moves. Not like at a track where you need to break the light beam first. So slight differences, but still accurate assuming no wheel slip.

Reactions: cagannyc

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
Then daaaamn! You boys have got some freaks on your hands. Congrats!

Reactions: Knuckles

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
That night before I even looked at the numbers I new the beast was pulling harder than I ever felt before. The butt Dyno and numbers agreed. I was working with Johan that night for more aggressive timing and he started adding new torque management changes to my tranny. It was just a good night of 0-60 pulls.

Just letting the OP know its possible with simple mods and a good tune. It won't happen all the time, but it's possible with the right circumstances. For consistent sub 4s 0-60 you'll need other power adders for sure.

Good luck in the quest. I'm starting all over again with the WK2.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
I would say getting below 4 on a CAI, t-Stat and a Johan tune is definitely not going to be the norm. My best with the above so far is 4.5s, but I can see getting to 4.3... not much less here in So. FL.

0 to 60 is all that matters to me as it is my daily ride, so stop light to stop light is important (and there are lots of them in So. Fl).:)

So I would also be interested in how to get consistent sub 4 second runs in So. FL (assuming worst case of 85 degrees, 80% humidity, 29.8 inHg) with minimal cost and effort (assume I am mechanically inclined and want to do it myself).

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Going downhill helps :D

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
0-60 Obsessions :)

I like 0-69 on this perfect Round A$$ he he

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Jim are you sure you are at 5190lbs?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.