Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting really close to ordering a WK2, and I'm curious to know what kind of discounts people are getting these days. I generally try to shoot for as close to the invoice price as I can, but I'm thinking that may be unrealistic on this vehicle. I haven't officially started negotiating with the dealer yet, but I already received an email from my salesperson informing me that they will knock $1,000 off the sticker. This clearly indicates that they are flexible. The question is, how much lower can I expect them to go?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I just ordered one for exactly invoice price. I used truecar.com to get quotes then contacted local dealer and used it as leverage. Was real easy. I did all via email so they could not play usual games.

·
Registered
283 Posts
MSRP: 64075 (includes destination charge $925)
Paid Invoice: 60620 (including destination charge)

I didn't get the rear DVD (I got the big sunroof), engine block heater, or 3 season tires. The rest of the options I ordered.

·
Registered
461 Posts
How about the financing side of it. It looks like you can get a regular grand cherokee (anything except SRT) for 0%. What kind of rates are you getting with good credit for SRTs?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How about the financing side of it. It looks like you can get a regular grand cherokee (anything except SRT) for 0%. What kind of rates are you getting with good credit for SRTs?
That's a very good question. The first thing I asked my salesperson the other day was if the SRT8 qualified for the 0%. Obviously, the answer was no. I should have asked what rates it does qualify for.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have not financed it yet, but the bank I generally deal with will give me 3.24% for 60 months as of today.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Paid cash so don't know about finance options. Every option included except rear DVD because I wanted pano roof. Yes, I paid $800 over the MSRP. Dealer tinted the windows and gave me a lifetime drivetrain warranty as long as I keep records of scheduled maintenance regardless of modifications. Picked it up November 15th and did not pre-order, found the dealer on ebay out of Houston with 2 on the lot. Drove down the same day, got it and have not one single regret.

MSRP: $63,975
Paid: $64,775
OTD with TT&L: $70,733.42

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I got a 2.9% interest rate and came out to an even $5,000.00 in interest charges. I paid MSRP, $63,985.00 The dealer I went through wouldn't move off the price, but I got quite a bit on my trade and also an extended warranty thrown in for real cheap.

Sure I would have liked to pay as little as possible, but I was happy with the deal I made.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
69 Posts
List: $61,785
Paid: $59,995

Financed 41,500 @ 3.15% for 72 months

Ended up getting mine from a dealer 2 hours away because 2 local dealers wanted over list.

FYI shop the finance. Dealer started at 4.95% so went to B.O.A. and got quote for 3.15 and dealer ended up matching. They will try to make something on anything they can.

But will say overall buying experience was very good. They delivered the car and picked up my old one I was trading in.

·
Registered
284 Posts
true car is decently accurate... they will get ya enough info to get a good deal on one of these... now to the financing side of the equation... being a finance director at a dealership ( this is kinda my thing ;) but depending on equity in the vehicle right now... at 60 months i can get customers in the high 1's for a rate! with "A" tier credit 720 and up... with out 20% or more down... you should receive a rate in the 2's for 60 months or less and low 3's for 72 or 75 months... if you guys need any help/advice PM me i'd be more than happy to assist one of my SRT brothers to make sure you're getting a good deal on the financing end...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discount

I got about $4,000 off msrp through USAA. Local dealer had one marked up $15,000. I know where a grey one is intransit to a dealer in OC in So Cal. Any one interested PM me for details.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.