Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im looking into purchasing a Jeep SRT8 I figured I come to an actual forum to people like you who drive it everyday. I know the ratings for MPG but just wanted to know how much gas are some of you spending weekly, how often do you fill up and the price each time you go, ? Thanks

Thanks for all the responses all of you gave me a good average of how much i would be spending, i already have a DOHC V8 Mustang 32 valve so currently i do spend more gas than the average consumer just wanted to see how much of a jump i was taking which i see now isnt as scary as i thought.

·
Registered
784 Posts
well i probably put in $80 a week. i drive roughly 30 to 40 miles a day.

My opinion is that it isnt about the gas. get the thing because it is just amazing. love every second of it!

·
Registered
665 Posts
About $100 Canadian a week and it's $1.20-1.35 a liter here / If you are asking a question like that I wouldn't buy one . They are pigs and love every station you pass but i would pay double for the fun factor and you don't see them everywhere .

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
around 200/week for me .. I have a heavy foot though :rolleyes:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have had mine since August and track every tank through the android app "acar". Through 26 fill ups I am averaging 15.3 mpg. I do live in the country, so 80% of my driving is at 60 mph on open roads. The Jeep is my daily driver. Considering that my previous DD was a Ram SRT-10, that averaged 11.5 mpg, I am ecstatic with my Jeep's mileage. :D

·
Premium Member
17,169 Posts
Two weekends ago racing I went through $240 worth in one day. $16-17/gallon sucks.:lol:

I go through about a tank every 3-4 days driving around town. It's a 50 minute round trip to work. Plus it's kinda hard to stay out of boost.:D

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Depending on how long I let the light stay on, $65-$75 per week. Mine is my DD as well and I have about a 40mi round trip commute to work and taking my daughter to school. If gas is a concern this is NOT the Jeep for you. These rigs are expensive to drive daily and maintain.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
I put $40 worth of fuel every 2 days. It is my DD as well. About 60 miles of driving per day. I try not to fill the tank all the way just to reduce weight. There is no point in filling it up all the way when there are gas stations everywhere. Come to think of it, the only time I put a full tank is when I go on a trip.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Dude, the answers your going to get are going to scare you off. ;) But since you asked, about $ 40 every 3rd day. I don't lke to let it go passed half as gas bill only gets bigger. :D but as all have said, we do enjoy every minute of it. :cool:

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
If you're concerned about gas cost not the wisest choice. Figure it this way current cost per gallon, 18gal to fill up when the warning light comes on & you will get 220-240 miles per fill up. Depending on how much highway you do. These are just estimates but will be pretty close.

Jim

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
I spend about 70 bucks every 4 to 5 days on my Rig and is my DD....

·
Registered
2014 Jeep SRT
628 Posts
i drive a lot...DD...so maybe 60-70 a week, premium went down here in DE...$3.32 on tuesdays lol

·
Registered
419 Posts
I drive about 1500 miles per month for work so I fill up a lot! But I get reimbursed 55.5 cents per mile so I don't much pay attention. I get 17 mpg highway and 13 mpg city. It's an incredible "work truck" for me.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.