Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much hp can a stock srt8 awd tranny handle to the motor and wheels??

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Put it this way , I added CAM/Headers and gained roughly 50whp running low 12'[email protected] and i toasted my stock tranny .. But i really pushed it to the limited at the track thou ..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because i have a diablosport predator tuner long tube headers corsa catback exhaust mopar cai and a catch can but idk how much hp i have gained?

·
RIP Chuck G.
6,339 Posts
Because i have a diablosport predator tuner long tube headers corsa catback exhaust mopar cai and a catch can but idk how much hp i have gained?
You should be fine with that setup. 500-550 is the normal breaking point on a normally driven Jeep.
Your probably at 420ish. If you wide open 3rd gear shift starts to hang then you will know its time.
At least that's what happened to me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So how much hp do u think i have on the motor???

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Mods you have I'd say Around 450-460 more or less at the crank , that is if you have a real CMR Tune ..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks..

So can i set my tuner to higher hp and still safe on tranny?

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Your around 380 AWD / 375 TQ (Dynojet)... Thats what I Dynoed at with those mods you mention above...

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
He meant at the fly wheel bro

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Wa580 ?????

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
well a little hint the 580 on WA580, stand for the tq the trans can handle ;)
Really? I've never heard this. I was going to say I thought it was more about the torque your trans can handle than the HP.

I've been researching this as well having just installed a maggie and from what I've read, if you go 100hp over stock, you should add either a BB valve body or blue tops (I bought these, waiting to install). Then you should be GTG unless you really flog it. If you go 150+ hp over stock, start saving for a new tranny, cause it's in your future.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
So is that another name for the NAG1? And I'm not so sure about that 580 torque number. I was at 477rwtq last time on the dyno and i drive my Jeep gingerly on the street,with some track abuse thrown in. Mine is starting to take a dumper on me now.

·
Registered
418 Posts
So is that another name for the NAG1? And I'm not so sure about that 580 torque number. I was at 477rwtq last time on the dyno and i drive my Jeep gingerly on the street,with some track abuse thrown in. Mine is starting to take a dumper on me now.
W5A580 IS the trans name, I am not sure where the NAG1 comes from :confused:

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Put it this way , I added CAM/Headers and gained roughly 50whp running low 12'[email protected] and i toasted my stock tranny .. But i really pushed it to the limited at the track thou ..
I was thinking of adding heads, headers and cam to my current mods. I drive my jeep hard already. How did you toast your stock tranny? Explain your pushing it to the limits at the track more.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
I was thinking of adding heads, headers and cam to my current mods. I drive my jeep hard already. How did you toast your stock tranny? Explain your pushing it to the limits at the track more.
Well I hit the track 3 times with in 3 weeks and 23+ slips each time with no cool down ... 3rd gear started slipping under wot from 2-3 shifts ..

1 - 20 of 37 Posts