Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Lurker
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Straight from the 'stupid question of the day' department: :huh:

Do any of you notice (or even care) how many times your dash chimes (i.e., 'ding...ding...ding') when you start up your Jeep? Don't ask me why, but I guess I've never really paid any attention to this until lately... mine 'dings' six times after turning the key, no matter if starting cold or if using the remote start. I checked for PIDs on the Trinity, and I cycled the key on/off three times to see if any DTCs showed up on the EVIC.... but nothing. No flashing lights from the dash either.

A search I did for any related threads came up pretty much empty, so my guess is that this is normal.... right? Does anyone else's Jeep chime this many times?

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Hmm great question Brian, I have actually never paid attention. And unfortunately I don't have my jeep to check it for you. But bump for a good guy!

Reactions: af_maineiac

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I dont recall that mine "chimes" at all :confused: may have to go take a walk to the garage now ...

·
Premium Lurker
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine chimes 6 times also.
Thanks Jim! At least now I can say that I haven't completely gone crazy. :spineyes:

Mine chimes 7 times....I had to upgrade the chimer!
Oh yeah? Well I found an aftermarket dial controller on eBay that will make mine chime up to ten times. :eek: May have to pull the trigger on that bad boy!

I dont recall that mine "chimes" at all :confused: may have to go take a walk to the garage now ...
I knew I'd have at least one of you wondering! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.