Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Do a search for Dayco hose #72226, it elminates that plastic 180 elbow piece.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes theres a guy in cali that makes an aluminium. Elbow just bought one from him came friday
Look in New members intro Express in Paso Robles Its pretty neat he make the elbow himself
Installed today looks like a winner

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Yes theres a guy in cali that makes an aluminium. Elbow just bought one from him came friday
Look in New members intro Express in Paso Robles Its pretty neat he make the elbow himself
Installed today looks like a winner
Does it look better then the dayco one piece hose would? Bought mine but haven't installed it

·
Registered
47 Posts
Out of curiosity who has an aftermarket radiator cap, and if you do have you blown your radiator hose?
Im wondering if we are seeing an over pressurization event and these aftermarket caps dont lift/weep like the OEMs do to relieve pressure.

·
Registered
806 Posts
stock cap. hose blown. did it when i did accelerated really hard on a left turn from a light it probably is pressure related but its a terrible design and truly a weak link

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok guys, I did my research and looked over a lot of the forums mentioning this problem with the upper hose coming off while you are driving on our SRT8s. The problem is the plastic bend that connect the hose that either cracks or the hose slides off of. I also noticed a huge amount of guys having that same issue. My hose has come off 2 times in the last 3 weeks or so and also the first time because of the amount of coolant that I lost it slipped my belt so hard I lost power steering. If a lot of people are having this issue and it can lead to you loosing power steering at some point while the vehicle is moving this would be a safety issue and could result in a recall on these things for our cars. I'm sorry I don't mind spending $15 on an aftermarket hose but after sitting there detailing my engine bay for the second time in 3 weeks I'm fed up with this issue. I want to start a list of how many people had this issue happen to them (the upper radiator hose coming off). I will with the help of some members send this thread to Chrysler Group LLC and try to get this issue resolved as a recall for the car.

I don't know how effective this will be but once you have this issue and look at your cars engine bay this will be the thread you go cry to :D

Thanks

KAMIL
Yes my hose came and blew my motor so yes they needs a recall

·
Registered
2 Posts
My hose came off from the plastic piece that was no good and shouldn't have been placed on that jeep for what it's used for. That is high pressure and hot so why would you place a plastic part there. Which this is the third time mine came off and now my motor has blown. I truly believe its yall problem and should be a recall on that. I shouldn't have to buy a motor from you guy defected mistake I wish someone will contact me asap

·
Registered
56 Posts
So I also had the elbow failure. Replaced it with the Dayco. Filled up som coolant, removed the radatior cap and let it burp for around 15 minutes. Put the cap back and drove around the block but temp rose to max after a while again so parked it and shut it off. After a while the coolant tank was empty again, can the problem be that I need to keep refill and burp it some more and if so, for how long? Hoping it's not the water pump.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts