Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yep. Mine's blew off... had the stealership replace it on their dime since they'd removed it the day before to burp the system after replacing the alternator... convinced them it was their fault.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Happened to me when I launched on my second pass of the night tonight. Talk about killing the night

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
398 Posts
Happened to me when I launched on my second pass of the night tonight. Talk about killing the night

What year and had it ever been previously removed for other work?

·
Banned
116 Posts
Upper radiator coolant hose blew off

I've experience the same problem upper radiator hose blew off right at the plastic elbow at first I replaced the T clamp with a real hose clamp that I can tighten with a ratchet.
Then I went and ordered the dayco 72226 1pc hose. The dayco hose has a pretty good fitment and comes with a plastic protector sleeve. Here are two other hoses that will work

Please anyone with this problem use real hose clamps the T clamps suck.

One pc upper hose part numbers

Napa part# 11514
Goodyear part# 62968
Dayco part# 72226

·
Registered
116 Posts
Happened to me again this morning...hooray. Less than a half mile from home too....

·
Registered
159 Posts
My 2 cents...1 piece hose + stock thermostat + lowered fan setting = peace of mind.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Installed the dayco hose this morning. I'm a little disappointed with the fit. Seemed the piece out of the radiator wasn't long enough and the u bend was too long. Trimmed the fan shroud up, and got it all fitting though.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
This sucks... i know this will happen to me at a crappy time. I have a 180 Tstat that's about 10 months old.... I'd better get on replacing it.

Anyone know the thermostat part number from rock auto?

·
Registered
187 Posts
After the stock hose popping off three separate times (once during an ACTUAL emergency),
Today I replaced it with a Dayco hose and jet thermostat.

I had to notch the fan shroud, but it looks likes factory install.
Much cooler running, stays at about 190 no matter what.

Also don't have to worry about the hose popping off, as I replaced the
the clamps with proper worm gear clamps.

Thanks for all the help on the forum. I am much happier now.

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
do u have a pic of the new clamps you used? i just put the jmb perormance pipe on and had it painted looks good and no issues but the clamps take away a little bit from the pipe. looking for more low profile clamps

·
Registered
42 Posts
This just happened to me last week. I punched it turning on the freeway and the check gauges came on instantly and the temp was already at 270. I had it towed to dealership, they replaced the hose and then 5 days later I pull into my parking space at work hear a pop and look under the car and all my coolant leaking crazy. Seems the dealership installed the hose wrong and it got caught on the pulley. Had it replaced today and seems to running fine. Hopefully, that will be the last of this issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Solution!!!!!!!

I had the same problem! Buy the 5.7 hemi upper hose it's a single piece. it cost like 25 buy the screw clamps and you will need to cut a little piece from the end of the hose that attaches to the motor youll see what I mean. maybe like an inch or two.

·
Registered
2 Posts
5.7 hemi hose

My 180 t stat is on its way out....everytime I pin it and run it out hard it builds up heat and pressure and then boom!

I cracked the lip off the end of the elbow when it blew last so now its just a matter of time before it happens again. Unfortunately the elbows come as one piece with the hose, and its over $100 f'ing bucks from the stealer...just to have it happen again at some point in the future. Wtf

Where is this one piece hose people speak of...link? Does anyone make an aluminum elbow?
buy the 5.7 hemi hose it fits the jeep just need to cut like two inches of the end that hooks up to the motor otherwise it will be fold it cost like 25 at auto zone

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wish I seen this last night before I posted my problem on here, I don't know why they would op for a two piece hose, it doesn't make sense. but all in all this was a good read. Did anybody have any check guages for a transmission over heat light coming on? I'm guessing it did because the radiator wasn't completely full and causing the trans cooler to get a little bit hotter.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I wish I seen this last night before I posted my problem on here, I don't know why they would op for a two piece hose, it doesn't make sense. but all in all this was a good read. Did anybody have any check guages for a transmission over heat light coming on? I'm guessing it did because the radiator wasn't completely full and causing the trans cooler to get a little bit hotter.
Yup that one comes on to when your out of coolant.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
do u have a pic of the new clamps you used? i just put the jmb perormance pipe on and had it painted looks good and no issues but the clamps take away a little bit from the pipe. looking for more low profile clamps
hey any pics of the jmb pipe? how is the install and fit and finish?

21 - 40 of 52 Posts