Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2015 SRT and was just wondering how performance/reliability is after 100k miles, this bad boy has 90k on it and I got great deal so I decided to send it. Any issues I should look forward to with higher miles? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I recently bought a 2015 SRT and was just wondering how performance/reliability is after 100k miles, this bad boy has 90k on it and I got great deal so I decided to send it. Any issues I should look forward to with higher miles? Thanks!
Waterpump may go some at even 50k miles, which is small stuff but some guys have had MDS lifters eating the cam which is a huge 7k repair job.
But if it's lasted this long
Has the transfer case and differential fluids especially the rear one been changed?
My rear fluid was pretty dark at 35k miles.

Do you have any warranty?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't had the fluids checked on the differential or transfer case, I'll go get those checked asap. I did get a 1 year bumper to bumper warranty in hopes that anything that's going to go out will in the first year, we'll see how that goes :')

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is a guy with a 14 or 15 on one of the FB pages with around 200k. He beats on it every day.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have 162,000 and it runs great!
Do the normal recommended maintenance and you can enjoy it for many more miles.

·
Registered
17 Posts
^^ Thats impressive, what major repairs did you have to do if any?
Like everyone else, I did have lifter issues with camshaft wear. I was told because the MDS lifters were too heavy and cause premature wear on the camshaft. I chose to delete the MDS System and replaced the MDS lifters with regular lifters... around 30,000 miles. No more issues (mechanical failures) after that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts