Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
checked out a silver '12 at the dealer and noticed that both rear doors chrome window trim is not lined up evenly with the front doors and rear window strips. pretty noticeable and i think it would drive me nuts to look at everyday.

how does your trim look? is this silver jeep a fluke or do others have this issue?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
stopped at another dealer and noticed not only the srt but regular gc has funky aligned trim too. great qa chrysler.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I noticed this on my 12 Overland. Looks like shit. Noticeable on both sides.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
my wk1 is the same , its always drove me nuts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Mines not too bad, Im pretty anal when it comes to things like this but I dont have any complaints about the trim on my 12 SRT

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
anyone know how the trim is attached to the door? could it be removed and replaced better? it also seems like the entire rear door is a bit misaligned which probably adds to the problem.

to be fair though after i left the dealer i checked out other suv's in traffic (x5, etc) and saw many of them have misaligned window trim as well.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Mine has some crooked trim also.

Also, my right rear passenger door actually sticks out 1/8 in when closed!

However, misaligned trim is not particular to Jeeps.....I've owned BMW's, Volvo's, and Lexus vehicles with misaligned and defective trim also.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Mine too

Also I matte blacked (vynil) mine out so it looks even better

Yeah, the chrome trim on the SRT8 models should have come from the factory already blacked out. (Just like the rear chrome piece)

·
Registered
622 Posts
My chrome trim was misaligned on my '06 SRT8 and on my current '11 Overland as well, at least Chrysler is consistent.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
Mine too

Also I matte blacked (vynil) mine out so it looks even better
I'm curious. Does the trim need to be removed in order to vinyl it?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Noticed chrome trim on passenger rear window on my 2011 GC Limited is raised about 1/4 inch. I'm able to press it down to align it, but it pops right back up ... feels like there should be glue there to keep it in place or something ... not enough of a bother to take it in to the dealer ... however, if this was the case on my SRT (hopefully 2013 will be in my future), that would be a different story!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts