Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
That guy..
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like I hear a lot about how a srt or even r/t charger or challenger can beat my ass.

How do they compare?

I can see off the line I would take off while they spin. But will they win? Stock to stock this is.

Also my brother in law has a caliber srt with a bunch of stuff done. 350 whp or something like that. I read on his caliber forums and they are talking jeeps wayyyy down. "yeah in the 1/4 they'll win. But not in auto crossing or a 70 roll"

I never see people dogging other srt's on here. Is it because they're nervous? Or envy us?

Personally when I think of mopar or srt, I think of v8 power and rumble. Not 4cyl turbo.

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
How do you compare an apple to an orange?

The Jeep is a totally different beast than a Caliber.

Or a Challenger - I have both so I know.

·
Super Moderator
10,992 Posts
Here is a few videos of my Jeep. Can your bro in law keep up

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
Most nonjeep owners come away from the srt track experience most impressed by the jeep.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
I've lined up with other SRT8's. A Magnum and a Challenger, and neither beat me. There have been Chargers, 300s and a SuperBee out there too. Didn't line up with them but saw them run. They were slower too in the quarter. But they were all coming on strong in the back half. If the track was longer they would've all likely won.

Got my ass handed to me by a SRT4 though... :(

wink

·
That guy..
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have actually been wanting to see if I can do the track experience.. havent had time to check it out...

I know its apples to oranges.. I just mainly want to know.. in the 1/4 who would win.. In my head.. the jeep.. AWD FTW.

Seems everyone talks crap about having a jeep.. and I dont want to open my mouth if im going to loose..

As far as the brother in law goes.. Im sure once he stopped spinning off the line he would catch up and possibly win.. 18+ psi of boost and 4000 pounds, compared to my 425 hp and 5000 pounds..

Never know till you try..

I just laughed when I read how much a fellow SRT talks crap about a SRT jeep.. of which is AWD not FWD..

His previous owner ran 11 something in his car.. but that takes alot of practice.

I cant wait till the track opens up just to see what my jeep can do..

Only plans right now is the intake, and im getting dyno tuned this weekend. I want a nice reliable car, really dont want to cam this truck like I did my ram.

Not sure what it takes to get these to break into the high 12's but if I cant do it ill throw a nice 75-100 shot at it..

·
That guy..
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got my ass handed to me by a SRT4 though... :(

wink
And thats mainly because of boost... its like a diesel truck...

Once you free up the exhaust, crank up the boost.. Its fast..

I still dont see SRT Or Mopar as a 4cyl tho... v8 beast is where its at..

·
That guy..
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
I'm sure you love your brother-in-law, but I'd say inferiority complex possibly. True car guys compliment each others rides, IMHO. Whether you kicked a or got your a kicked.

·
That guy..
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
True, and I "get along" with him.. We dont really love each other... long story..

But yeah I like cars period...

And I also didnt buy my jeep to be faster than him.. So for him to talk crap about me and my jeep on his caliber forum i just dont get..

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Stock for stock....like others have said, you would win everytime. All you will need is the dyno tune you are getting and an intake and you will be well into the 12's. I have a CMR and intake and I have run 12.7's at the track. A few other bolt ons and you can be in the low 12's. At the end of the day....your brother-in-law is in a Caliber...enough said!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
At the end of the day....your brother-in-law is in a Caliber...enough said!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Run him, Tape it and Post it.

·
Premium Lurker
4,234 Posts
How do we compare to other SRT's? The Jeeps are the heaviest. :lol: ....which makes it all the more impressive that we're usually the fastest, stock for stock.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Dude...I traded my Caliber SRT in for the Jeep. Enough said.

·
That guy..
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I saw there are a few jeep srt owners on the caliber forum...

And everything they post something about a jeep they all jump on them about how they spend 40k dollars on a "van" that can get their ass handed to them by a 15k$ caliber..

As long as we can normally stock for stock beat the other SRT V8 owners I will set up some races..

I just didnt want to get my ass handed to me..

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts

·
That guy..
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's what I Did with my ram. And it got out of hand. Lol.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
And thats mainly because of boost... its like a diesel truck...

Once you free up the exhaust, crank up the boost.. Its fast..

I still dont see SRT Or Mopar as a 4cyl tho... v8 beast is where its at..
Yeah he definitely wasn't stock. Still took him the whole back half to catch me though. But he definitely went flying by when he did. :eek: He pulled next to me in staging again and said man that Jeep is fast. I didn't think I was gonna catch you. LOL!

Been whooped by some EVOs and a Civic too. But that was before the Vortech. Once I got boost I haven't lost to a ricer, or many other cars for that matter.

wink

1 - 20 of 32 Posts