Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I get chewed out, I did a search but just got more lost.
Ok, so do I need to or how do you raise shift points when you haVe the mopar TCM? I believe Johan said he can't do it on my tunes, but also I'm not sure if I should since I have a Tq.
So how do you change the shift points when you are using a mtcm and pred? I thought HHP changed them a few times with tunes

· Super Moderator
11,085 Posts
You don't have to it that way anymore, Chris. There is a revision for Trinity owners that will change it for you in a Jeep.

· Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
You don't have to it that way anymore, Chris. There is a revision for Trinity owners that will change it for you in a Jeep.
Yup I can raise them with my Trinity and also you can door with a Predator as well all you need is the crom file to update your Predator...

· Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a good point, then I wasted money lol and I did prefer the auto shift, even more so if we could have raised shifts.
So what do you need to down load on the pred to do this?

· PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Yup I can raise them with my Trinity and also you can door with a Predator as well all you need is the crom file to update your Predator...
Is this still limited to like only 200rpm higher or can you raise it more than that. If that is the limit with the tuner can it be raised higher by putting it in a car?

Jim

· Super Moderator
11,085 Posts
So you should be able to raise your shift points with the stock tcm then, anyone try that???

No, just the MTCM. There is thread around here where Johan was discussing it with us but I can't find it.

· Super Moderator
11,085 Posts

· Registered
745 Posts
Where can I get the update crom for Predator? I put the MTCM in, and it has the 6200 RPM 1-2 shift point, but mine shifts automatically at 5800, 6000 in manumatic mode and cuts out at 6100...ish. Maybe the tach is tardy? Shifts are muuuuuch better, though.

· PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Where can I get the update crom for Predator? I put the MTCM in, and it has the 6200 RPM 1-2 shift point, but mine shifts automatically at 5800, 6000 in manumatic mode and cuts out at 6100...ish. Maybe the tach is tardy? Shifts are muuuuuch better, though.
You used to have to get ahold of Johan, don't know of its ever been included in a new update or not. Might see if its on Diablos site.

Jim

· Registered
496 Posts
It's in the latest crom, modify tune, transmission, MTCM raised shift points.

Even raised I see 6100 1st gear, 6400-6500 the rest.
I manually shift 1st to grab 6300-6400, when I hit second gear I hold it to the right to put it back in drive so it shifts back on it's own.

Still wondering if the flash works for a stock TCM, I was told in a few miles the adaptives will pull the shift points back down, but seems like if you reset the adaptives it should work for each pass at the track.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.