Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
got my tune from mr J the other day and i feel that my temps are too good to be safe in the long term. i attached a pic of what it was at even after a several minute 90+mph run. i do have the 180* tstat...not sure why its so low as many of the pics ive seen of the gauge after a tune and 180* are closer to the 200* area...is the 10* difference an issue? my fans come on about 5 minutes i start the car and normally runs at 188*ish...highest i was ever able to get it to was 197ish and it dropped like a stone...i love the temps because my oil is also 20* cooler on average but i dont want my fans to take a sh*t on me and be SOL.

just ask johan to raise it a bit? leave it? run some logs to make sure its all good? just took me by surprise a little...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
If ur outside temps are cool then ur temps are gonna stay down. That's the point of the t-stat and adjustment in the toon. Just be sure u let her warm up and cold days otherwise u will get a code wich is no big deal

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats the thing...its been high 60s low 70s here on the island. not quite cool temps. and i was driving for well over 30 minutes when i took the picture so the motor was as warm as it was going to get ya know? the tstat is obviously working. the temps are consistent. more a tune related issue...if you can call it that.

i really dont mind it at all. i just want to see if my temps are going to throw constant codes when winter comes around and teen* weather is everyday.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
mine starts their when it's warmed up,in stop & go traffic it will go to 190 ish. I have the Jet stat too,if I hammer it down for like a mile or so @ 130-145 mph it will go a hair pass 215,which is where it use to roam at when it was stock..I'm boosted now.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so the 190 is normal for you? ok thats a reply i like to hear. idk about the 215* thing as i dont think ill be at 140+ again lol.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Thats pretty chilly!

One time when I was stock.. Just a Mopar hot air intake. I raced a tuned STI with intake, turbo back, and tune pushin high boost. My truck kept up real well! After the runs I saw 270 for my oil temp!!! Stock T stat, and stock cooling fan settings...

It dropped very fast after that. lol

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
weird. i went to the races tonight and after the hard runs my tstat is at about 198* ... little lower... and it seems to stay there even after a good cool down. maybe it had a "break in" idk much about them so im not sure. as long as its under 205 thats fine by me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts