Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Premium Member
17,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We took the Twin Turbo Viper and the Henny Viper to the dyno today so I decided to throw mine on there for giggles on pump gas. I haven't dyno'd it since we built it so I was curious.

The only change since we first did it is the cutout and a different wastegate spring. We now have a 7psi spring in it vs. a 3.5psi spring. We didn't cut the boost controller on. Just ran it wastegate only.

I wish Joel was here though. We were getting 4-5* STKR out of it. One thing to keep in mind, my street tune was orig. built for 5.5psi. Only thing Joel has done to it was rescaled it for higher boost. All in all I was pretty happy with it. It was a nice 76* outside today. Wished it was a little cooler today.

I was surprised at how quick boost came on without the boost controller on. It boosted up pretty hard and quick then slowly came down nicely to where we want it. What sucks is I have 30 gallons of Q16 at the shop and I had 3/4 of a tank of pump gas in it. Should have brought some race gas and seen what it would have done.:mad:

Here ya go.....

· Premium Member
17,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Waiting.........
Oh shut up. I already sent you a pict. of the dyno sheet. Not my fault your phone sucks and you can't read it out. Everyone else could.:p

· Has Been
8,532 Posts
THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT NUMBERS :D haha jk.. Can't wait!

· Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
ok, class time.

Shouldn't the wastegate purge off the boost above 7 psi with the 7 psi spring?

· Has Been
8,532 Posts
For Real John....We practically post whored up 2 pages before the #'s came out!
Hahaha I know right?! And I thought Harrison said something about having the quickest fingers in the south.....obviously he wasn't referring to typing LMAO

· Has Been
8,532 Posts
Post up some numbers will ya, can't zoom in on it.

Jim
Lol if you click the top of the picture where the yellow bar (saying you can re-size the image) is it zooms in haha.

Also if you have the ability to scroll on your web browser via using a track pad (on a mac or pc), then if you hold control and attempt to scroll up, the computer zooms in.

· Premium Member
17,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok, class time.

Shouldn't the wastegate purge off the boost above 7 psi with the 7 psi spring?
It does and it did. The spring is supposed to keep it "around" that number. As you can see..... it ended up on the number. If my boost controller was on, the gain wouldn't have let it ramp up that quick more than likely.

Jim.... it made 605/602....

· PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Lol if you click the top of the picture where the yellow bar (saying you can re-size the image) is it zooms in haha.

Also if you have the ability to scroll on your web browser via using a track pad (on a mac or pc), then if you hold control and attempt to scroll up, the computer zooms in.
I'm on my phone & the only way I can zoom is to save the pic.

Its looking like 340 to me. LOL

Jim

· Super Moderator
11,085 Posts
It does and it did. The spring is supposed to keep it "around" that number. As you can see..... it ended up on the number. If my boost controller was on, the gain wouldn't have let it ramp up that quick more than likely.

Jim.... it made 605/602....
What were the numbers on the Viper? :zlurking:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.