Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I was stuck in traffic at the stop light when out of no where I just felt the hit. I look behind to see what had just hit me. When I see this f150 truck leaving the scene. I was kind of confused about what had just happened so I didn't get a license plate number. Made a police report, damage doesn't look too bad. Looks like I need a new lift gate door and bumper. Hopefully there isn't any frame damage. I'll post pics when I get home.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
That guy..
1,281 Posts
I would have to chase.... Thats just me.. I want to know who the F just hit my ride..

Call the cops while your chasing

That sucks

·
Registered
120 Posts
When I was younger...

I was driving next to a Corvette just messing around. Thought we would have a little fun and race, next thing I know he pulls a Tony Stewart and sends me into the guardrail.

There are some crazy people out there.

·
Premium Lurker
4,224 Posts
Aw man..... that SUCKS!!! I'd be livid. :flame: You say you were at a stop light when it happened - by any chance did that particular intersection have a stop light cam? It may get the perp's license plate number. Worth a shot....

Hopefully the damage is minor. At least you weren't hurt.

There are some crazy people out there.
That is sooooooooooooooo true! :ack:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
f150 hit ur car and u didnt catch him... SOunds fishy lol
I would of chased him but I wouldn't be able to share my story with you guys Lol but the body shop told me there might be some frame damage. They won't know until they get the bumper off. But he said the subframe looks bent and the rear floor pan. Does this sound fixable

·
That guy..
1,281 Posts
Any update? find out if its fixable yet?

Pictures?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I feel for you man. My wife came out of the gym last week and the rear bumper on the jeep had a big scrape and crack in it. Somebody nailed and just drove off. No insurance info left or anything. And of course, there are no parking lot cameras either. Couldn't you just report it police and have them do a search for local F-150 that matches the description?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would of chased him but I wouldn't be able to share my story with you guys Lol but the body shop told me there might be some frame damage. They won't know until they get the bumper off. But he said the subframe looks bent and the rear floor pan. Does this sound fixable

first off, I hope that you're physically ok. And second, I highly doubt that a hit like that could bend the subframe, and if that's their story... Then take a trip down there for them to show you... It's sad but this day in age, some body shops will not only milk the job for more than it's worth, but keep nicer cars longer than necessary. Just be careful. (sorry, just a concerned "parent")

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry haven't updated this thread but the rig is still in the shop it's been 2 weeks and counting. I stopped by to check up on it and they had the new rear lift gate door on but not painted and they were still working on the rear bumper. The body shop guy told me it didn't look like a big hit but once he took of the rear bumper the subframe was bent so he replaced it. He also said the rear floor plan was also damaged, so that's more damage that he wasn't able to see until he took it all apart. But it should be almost done. So I'm hoping I get it back by next week.

·
9 to 5 ain't for me.
593 Posts
I would have chased him/her down and call the cops. What's the worse that could happen... I'm always carrying my CHL and Glock when not going to post or in my ACUs. You never know when you might need it. But then again I'm from TX.

·
Registered
185 Posts
That's crazy I just got my srt8 hit on Wednesday going home
From work from a lady not paying attention hit me head on my drivers side as I tried to avoid her she still
Got me she didn't even say sorry or nothing. hopefully everything works for u gets taken care of

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.