Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after more than 5yrs I finally made it to 20k and while driving to pick up my wife's car I heard a pop. TPMS warning came on and quickly went to 0. I am one of the few that don't mind the run flats and I casually drove home and changed the rear wheels with my track set. Whatever happened it left a pretty big hole.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Welcome to the 20k club Chad! Did the tire totally deflate on you or did it .just enable you to ride on the rim without damaging it?

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the 20k club Chad! Did the tire totally deflate on you or did it .just enable you to ride on the rim without damaging it?
Tire deflated to 0 lbs. Drove home with no air utilizing the run flat technology. No rim damage.Tire just looked low when i got home but it would not hold air.

Reactions: Knuckles

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
That is a nice sized hole there Chad. Looks like its got a symmetrical pattern around it. I'm on about the same mileage rate as you I see, 29 months 9200 miles.

Jim

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I hope its fixable, Chad. Those GYs are crazy expensive. Run flat is good when you need it.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Glad everything is ok. My did the same thing about 5k miles. My puncture ended up being a bunjie cord the metal end went into my tire and broke off and drop the pressure immediately to zero pounds. I then drove home ten miles and swapped tires and had the hole patched and been perfect since.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
that could be plugged very easily, i have plugged many high end car tires that see the track and it holds every time....

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Both rears have 20k on them and they have been through atleast 6 road courses. That tire is going to be replaced as I have been stockpiling tires for awhile. I believe I have 3 sets of rears. Thank goodness for my set of Vreds. Those are on till the tire gets replaced. Should be done this week sometime.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I ran over one of those vehicle counter lines on the highway and it was segmented with metal strips. As soon as I ran over it I heard a pop and lost total air pressure. Glad I had run flats at the time. Pulled this out of the tire and there was barely enough to grab with a pair of needle nose pliers. The rest was stuck all the way in the tire.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Damn, 06 w/ 20,000... thats low! Sorry to hear about the flat, at least you had the runflats though.

Reactions: cmn1

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dang, that's a hole!

Glad you had the GY on for that though. Congrats on hitting the 20k club. Whats the cobra at now?
Still 8200ish

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Well that blows...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts