Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to install a jumper wire in the fuse box to keep the fog lights on even when the high beams are on? this is in an 07 jeep. i searched but couldnt find anything...

Thanks,
HR22s

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
I was told by the dealer that they program this. It will probably cost $50, but it would save you a bunch of money, parts, and labor.

Reactions: StangSlayerMA

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
Is there a way to install a jumper wire in the fuse box to keep the fog lights on even when the high beams are on? this is in an 07 jeep. i searched but couldnt find anything...

Thanks,
HR22s

Hold the high beam lever, its free :silly:

Seriously though, if the above is true, that would be the easiest.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was told by the dealer that they program this. It will probably cost $50, but it would save you a bunch of money, parts, and labor.
No way they will program it. its illegal.

all it should be is a wire in the fuse box. the wire is free. ive done it on numerous other vehicles...

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
No way they will program it. its illegal.

all it should be is a wire in the fuse box. the wire is free. ive done it on numerous other vehicles...
Find a dealer that is willing to do it. They only need to write electrical on the invoice to free them of any responsibility. I was told by the dealer that turned my DRL off that they can do this.
If you want to come to the greater Toronto area to get it done, I'll let you know who to contact.
Good Luck.

·
"guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,862 Posts
The vehicle needs to be changed to think it is a export model. If you ever go to one of the late model Hemi events I'm sure I could find someone to do it for you. ;)

Need a StarScan tool and then the following;

starscan main menu > ECU view > FCM/CGW > misc. functions > enable front fog lamp output > start > next > disable > next > cancel > start > next > enable > next > export > next > finish.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I've been meaning to ask this for a while now...

Do you guys think it would be worth purchasing the StarScan tool for "forum" use and essentially "loan" it out to people for a small fee, they change their vehicle, and ship it back to me, I inspect it, and send it to the next guy
?

Figure $2500 for the scanner. $50-$100 for the loaner and $5 in shipping...

Maybe take a deposit to cover any losses or damages?

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
I've been meaning to ask this for a while now...

Do you guys think it would be worth purchasing the StarScan tool for "forum" use and essentially "loan" it out to people for a small fee, they change their vehicle, and ship it back to me, I inspect it, and send it to the next guy
?

Figure $2500 for the scanner. $50-$100 for the loaner and $5 in shipping...

Maybe take a deposit to cover any losses or damages?

Starscan is like $5K......isn't it.

http://www.etoolcart.com/starscan-essential-kit-ch9400-am.aspx

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Brian! Ill try the dealer but if not whens the next time you will be out on the east coast? Are you going to ATCO on Nov 4th?

The vehicle needs to be changed to think it is a export model. If you ever go to one of the late model Hemi events I'm sure I could find someone to do it for you. ;)

Need a StarScan tool and then the following;

starscan main menu > ECU view > FCM/CGW > misc. functions > enable front fog lamp output > start > next > disable > next > cancel > start > next > enable > next > export > next > finish.

·
"guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,862 Posts
Thanks Brian! Ill try the dealer but if not whens the next time you will be out on the east coast? Are you going to ATCO on Nov 4th?
Yep, ATCO is the next. I'll be there as Harrison's personal assistant. :p

·
Registered
746 Posts

Thanks,
HR22s
I had this done on my Jeep. All that was done was the reprogramming via the starscan. Takes about 5 minutes. My car was in for service and I talked to the tech working on my Jeep about it. I ended up giving him 20 bucks cash to do it for me, no questions asked. It really helps on dark roads.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Bought mine used and it's done too. Actually didn't realize they came the other way from the factory. Mines not set up as an "export model" though. Still has DRL's too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts