Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about ordering a new SRT Jeep. Any opinions on whether the $1295 High-Performance Brake option is needed? I don't plan to race it on the track but I've always thought of upgrades brakes as a safety enhancement.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Exactly. Lol.

But to be specific, the only thing you are really gaining with the Jeep performance brake package is a two piece rotor that has an aluminum hat. So you'll have better heat dissipation for all the heavy braking when slowing down from 100 mph in traffic. Stick with the plain old Brembos and buy some new aftermarket pads and rotors once those wear out. The dust is horrid!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Exactly. Lol.

But to be specific, the only thing you are really gaining with the Jeep performance brake package is a two piece rotor that has an aluminum hat. So you'll have better heat dissipation for all the heavy braking when slowing down from 100 mph in traffic. Stick with the plain old Brembos and buy some new aftermarket pads and rotors once those wear out. The dust is horrid!
... I agree with the former, not the latter. Stay stock all the way. Brake dust shows you got something working up front! Seriously, pads and rotors work in tandem. You change one, something gives. Stopping power comes from abrasion ... something got to give. Better the cheaper pads than the expensive rotors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts