Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07' and Iam ready to buy my HIDs. Now I know that each one is a separate unit, lows, highs, and fogs, So I'd have to buy three different kits, right?
What are the sizes and some of the better brands, trying to get the best bang for my buck. And for the 07's are the kits plug and play or do I have to buy a separate piece?

P.S. I need brighter reverse lights, might need a kit for there too, or do you think it would be better and cheaper to buy those LED bulbs for the reverse? and as for the tails, should i buy led bulbs or the whole LED tails?

Any suggestions? bc my next step is to black out my lights but i'll still need to see at night

·
Registered
656 Posts
I bought my lights from xenon depot. Fogs and low beam.
Very easy to install plug and play. Call them for help. Vendor on site.
As for rear lights. Taillight solutions has this. Also a vendor here.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought my lights from xenon depot. Fogs and low beam.
Very easy to install plug and play. Call them for help. Vendor on site.
As for rear lights. Taillight solutions has this. Also a vendor here.
Hope this helps.
how much you pay for the lows and fogs?

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
another option is a morimoto kit. about $150 shipped for the whole deal. oem spec'd. never had a misfire and gets to full power really quickly.

id personally stay away from the highs. not very useful unless youre on country roads a lot.

sizes are h10 for the fogs, 9006 for the lows, and 9005 for the highs. you can get a reverse harness from ken for the reverse HIDs. much better than leds IMO.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
another option is a morimoto kit. about $150 shipped for the whole deal. oem spec'd. never had a misfire and gets to full power really quickly.

id personally stay away from the highs. not very useful unless youre on country roads a lot.

sizes are h10 for the fogs, 9006 for the lows, and 9005 for the highs. you can get a reverse harness from ken for the reverse HIDs. much better than leds IMO.
now thats $150 for both lows and fogs? great price...where can i find it?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
well no its the $150 for the single pair...

HOWEVER i got off the phone with matt at "the retrofit source" and he informed me that the ballasts they have now are being replaced with a newer version so the current ones are selling for $70/pair...i bought two pairs of ballasts from him today as well as two pairs of 5000k bulbs for $80 additional. thats a hell of a deal man. just another option to the ones out there that many people buy.

PM me for details.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pm sent^^^^

·
Registered
475 Posts
I know you get what you pay for but I will never pay more than 40 bucks for a set. I have them in all 4 cars plus my bike. Ebay may be cheap but I have only had 1 problem and they sent a new ballast the next day. I used a relay and inline fuse so that may of put the cost up to 50 bucks a set. So I guess if they come complete with that and wire it may be worth alittle more but I wont risk them without a relay and fuse. I guess im a cheap a$$

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
see now i've had the ebay versions as well, no problems in the past, but hmm im not too sure about the relay/fuse wiring??? lost me?

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I used the kits from ebay in my charger and worked fine. Used the same kit in my Jeep and blew 2 main fuses that turned my Jeep into a brick until I found them.
Also, another thing I noticed is that the color is off on the cheaper ebay kits. The 6k sets tend to be bluer than what 6k normally is.
Not saying that they are bad, but you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
475 Posts
The relay just allows you to keep the Ballast disconnected from the cars electronics so if it does take a crap it wont corrupt anything else on your truck and gives a constant
12V supply. I will agree with the color being alittle off. My 5K have a tint of blue. All in All you def get what you pay for.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
now this relay, is it built in? where do i buy one and how do i hook it up? is that plug in play too?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
the relay in the fog light harness is PREWIRED. there is none for the low beam but theyre very easy to install. plug and play and easy to figure out...ill send that PM to you with all the stuff you needed to know Navajo...

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cool cool, i remember i wanted to get your headlights, but that wasnt happening lol..

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
PM sent. and theyre actually sold. went quickly. being picked up tomorrow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts