·
Registered
857 Posts
Sick bro !!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good, but why the high beams? Curious...
Figured I was doing the lows so why not . And they are the DRL's so it looks better the Halogens

·
Registered
84 Posts
Those look great. Looking to upgrade my ebay HIDs, I like the look of the 8000k.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What relay/harness did you use for the highs???

None of us got em to work correctly
I used a relay harness and these Can-bus ballasts seem alright will have to wait and see

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
They look cool, yes... but practical no. You lose the ability to flash to pass or flash for what ever reason. Because the HID take a few seconds to warm up. Same goes for the reverse HID's. By the time you actually are done backing out of a driveway or parking spot the lights haven't even warmed up yet and give off a dull useless light. I'm gonna be swapping my HID reverse's out for some high quality LED's.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They look cool, yes... but practical no. You lose the ability to flash to pass or flash for what ever reason. Because the HID take a few seconds to warm up. Same goes for the reverse HID's. By the time you actually are done backing out of a driveway or parking spot the lights haven't even warmed up yet and give off a dull useless light. I'm gonna be swapping my HID reverse's out for some high quality LED's.
It still has pass to flash sure it takes a second to warm up but it still flashes fine and the reverse is still brighter then a stock bulb when first on . But to each his own .I like

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Looks great!!!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
wow, looks greats !

Can you post details of the units you used .. im looking into doing my fogs and rears :)

Thanks !

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow, looks greats !

Can you post details of the units you used .. im looking into doing my fogs and rears :)

Thanks !
Fogs are easy they are not on in the BCM or PCM so any Hid kit will work it's a H10 bulb but 9005 or 9006 will fit if you trim a little piece off the base of the bulb . Rears I used a H3C kit and drilled out the stock bulb abd glued the HID bulb in it place then ran a relay harness to the power plug on the rear DR side so it will not blow a fuse . I 2 way taped the ballast to the top of the reverse bulb housing . Anything else just ask .

·
Premium Member
7,169 Posts
And there's minimal light output and visibility with LEDs....

So you're taking a huge step backwards...

Ask me how i know

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And there's minimal light output and visibility with LEDs....

So you're taking a huge step backwards...

Ask me how i know
X2
LED's are great for the look but the output sucks

·
Registered
101 Posts
Where'd you put the ballast for the fronts? I'm looking at installing a set I bought on here awhile ago and don't really see the need to take off the front bumper like most.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Where'd you put the ballast for the fronts? I'm looking at installing a set I bought on here awhile ago and don't really see the need to take off the front bumper like most.
I was thinking the same thing so when I started I took the rad cover/grill off there is enough room to put them under the bumper cover without taking the bumper off .

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I was thinking the same thing so when I started I took the rad cover/grill off there is enough room to put them under the bumper cover without taking the bumper off .
Bumper cover comes off very easy! Takes less that 10 minutes. 7 bolts and some plastic rivets. One for each of the lower braces, one each wheel well, and three under the radiator. I believe 8mm, 13mm, and 15mm. Get a plastic rivet run and rivets at harbor freight for like 25 bucks. Makes a very clean install and great weather protection.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts