Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm new here and I just got an 08 black SRT8 GC. Mine came with pretty much every option and has the HID projector lights. I was looking into some halo lights and couldn't really figure out if there were any available if you have HID's. I did do a search so please don't flame me and tell me to use the search button! haha! Anyways I love my Jeep and I'll post some pics ASAP it's been rainy and miserable out here!

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
I was told by one of the companies that I buy from that they can custom make them if I send them some housings to use....since they don't have any measurements to make them off of.

BUT, the HIDs (and all 08-10 OEM lights for that matter) aren't the easiest thing to pull apart for install.
I no longer deal with OEM HIDs unless they are local as some are too brittle and break internally in shipping.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so is it pretty much too big of a hassle to put the halos on OEM HID lights then? nobody makes a kit right?

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
so is it pretty much too big of a hassle to put the halos on OEM HID lights then? nobody makes a kit right?

To the best of my knowledge no one makes a kit since they figured they wouldn't be a hot item. That is what one place told me, they said that they custom made one set for a guy but since they didn't think it would be popular they didn't make a template to produce them.

And to get custom made, they would need your lights/bezels for most likely 4-6 weeks or more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oouch! Ok well if any of the lighting guys are listening I'd love some for my rig! Not trying to be without lights for 4-6 weeks though haha! Thanks for the help DC

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
I wouldn't hold your breath on them since it isn't exactly a DIY install.....most people would end up tearing up their housings trying to get the lights apart.

·
Registered
32 Posts
STARSKI,

DC does a great job on the headlights. It is well worth the 4-6 weeks if you have another ride. I would definitely go with them. I love mine. Mine weren't stock HIDs but I have the HID conversion with halos and absolutely love it! Turnin' heads all the time!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
STARSKI,

DC does a great job on the headlights. It is well worth the 4-6 weeks if you have another ride. I would definitely go with them. I love mine. Mine weren't stock HIDs but I have the HID conversion with halos and absolutely love it! Turnin' heads all the time!
Hey thanks, do you have any pics of ur car with them installed?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Me too. I would love a set.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts