Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So....I started painting the brakes. I wanted somthing different. Then the Hemi green came to mind so i went with that choice. Things to keep in mind ( i.e. DO ) ...mask properly. Use the painters tape or the green frog tape. If the masking isnt done right then its gonna look crappy. Second, clean the brakes. Then do it again. If there is any grease or dirt or anything it is GAME OVER as the paint wont adhere properly. Take your time. Basically I cleaned and degreased the brakes, masked off and THEN painted. Again take your time and do it right or it will look like doo-doo. Im mega picky on the way my truck looks and I know most of you can relate and u will be rewarded if u do it right. I did 2 coats of primer, 5 coats of color and 4 coats of clear. the pic doesnt do it service but Im telling u the calipers look like GLASS. well worth it......3 more to go. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Looks good! Another good way is to scuff them with a scotchbrite pad, clean with wax&greese remover, then shoot a coat of adhesion promotors. Did or are you clearing over the brembo decal? I did about 3 thin coats of clear, applied decal? Then did 3 more medium coats.. Looked factory.

Good work bro!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
What paint did you use? Like brand? An what color primer?

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
Looks good. You are right, prep time is a priority.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Saw this in person and they look great except for a leaf landed on it during the curing process. It left a nice leaf pattern on it. LOL.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Saw this in person and they look great except for a leaf landed on it during the curing process. It left a nice leaf pattern on it. LOL.
Thats the worst, you lay down a perfect coat and some shit lands in itf and your just thinking how can I get it out without f-ing up the whole thing :eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
its always a leaf or a bug. if anything i would let it dry before you try to fix it. get a real real fine sand paper like a 600 or 800. looks bad a$$ though man

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Loving that color! :D

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Where did you get the paint? I have been thinking of doing mine in the same color after I saw the matte black chally with all the green trim.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
532 Posts
Man, the paint looks awesome, but isn't the decal backwards? :(

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
Passenger side b at the bottom, driver's side b at the top.

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
Compared to how they come from the factory.....yes.

Passenger side b at the bottom, driver's side b at the top.

From the factory all the lettering is so that the bottom of the letters is towards the inside/center of the hub/rotor hat.

At least that is how it was on the 3 sets that I have painted. And that was how I put all the decals back.
Bottom of the letters outward is opposite of how they come.

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
Compared to how they come from the factory.....yes.

From the factory all the lettering is so that the bottom of the letters is towards the inside/center of the hub/rotor hat.

At least that is how it was on the 3 sets that I have painted. And that was how I put all the decals back.
Bottom of the letters outward is opposite of how they come.
You are right Dan. Passenger side b at the bottom, driver's side b at the top for the front calipers and the reverse for the rear calipers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts