Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since Nitto doesn't advertise their weight specs.... I'm putting them out there. Only my 315's showed up today. The 275's will be here in 2 more days. Both 315's weighed 35.6lbs. My 295 Toyo II's weighed 39.2lbs. So the rears are roughly 8lbs less unsprung weight. Don't know how much of a difference that'll make if any but I like it.:D My 265 Toyo II's weigh 35.2lbs. Crazy how my 315 Nitto weigh a touch more than my 265 Toyo. Anyway.... here's a little proof for ya and some pics. Now I konw why people complain about poor milage out of these Nitto's. Not much tread on it compared to the wear marker but..... they hook up! That's good enough for me!!

One tire

The other tire

Front tire....

Other front tire

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know. Can't wait till Thurs. when I can get them put on!!!! Just in time for the Domestic Vs. Import car show on Sat. night. She'll be lookin' sweet! The front's were shipped each and the shipping weight is only 28lbs. each tire. The shipping weight for the 315's were 72lbs. together. If the fronts are actually 28lbs. each then that's a huge diff. from the Toyo's at 35.2 lbs. each. 22lbs. of total unsprung weight difference. That's gotta be good for SOMETHING I hope.

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
Between the weight difference and the softness of them, i'd say you'd be in for some treat.

But 7lb est. lighter than the toyos.. That would be a lot.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Yeah I know. Can't wait till Thurs. when I can get them put on!!!! Just in time for the Domestic Vs. Import car show on Sat. night. She'll be lookin' sweet! The front's were shipped each and the shipping weight is only 28lbs. each tire. The shipping weight for the 315's were 72lbs. together. If the fronts are actually 28lbs. each then that's a huge diff. from the Toyo's at 35.2 lbs. each. 22lbs. of total unsprung weight difference. That's gotta be good for SOMETHING I hope.
Good point there , my 275/315 toyo must be slowing me down about .1 tenth hehe ..

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Between the weight difference and the softness of them, i'd say you'd be in for some treat.

But 7lb est. lighter than the toyos.. That would be a lot.
Well, the rears had a shipping weight of 72lbs and ended up weighing 35.6 each so they very well could be 28lbs each. Toyo's website says the 265's are 35.2lbs so that's what I'm going off of. We shall see come Thurs.

Good point there , my 275/315 toyo must be slowing me down about .1 tenth hehe ..
The Toyo II's are lighter than the I's by about a decent bit. The I's were 39 front and 40 rear. My guess is lot's of steel belting in them vs. less in other tires.

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yours are 34 front 36 rear. I had 265/295 Toyo II's.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Slightly lower too so you're shortening the ratios a bit, that should help get things moving eh.

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
subscribed,

Thanks, I've been looking for this info for awhile. Since I got burnt buying the 275/315 run flats I won't make that mistake again.

From all I've read, every 1 pound of unsprung weight equals 10 pounds of sprung weight.

My tires are 26 lbs heavier than the stock goodyears that I replaced. I have the slips showing almost 3 tenths of a second loss in track times.

My fronts are 41 lbs and rears are 47 lbs :(

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tony.... Where did u read that at? That's a substantial amount. Gotta link?

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
I will weigh my Vreds when they come and my stock goodyears for reference. Obviously the goodyears will not have full tread but I still want a rough starting point.

I know the steering felt lighter/quicker when I had the NT05's in comparison to the goodyears. On our heavy rigs I wouldn't expect any improvement at the track though.

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
I'd love to test this to find out exactly how much I lose. Maybe at our next track meet I can talk someone into swapping me wheels/tires for a pass or two.

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I hear ya Dave. At 5K lbs, a few pounds of unsparing weight prolly wouldn't be felt but, it's good to think about. Haha. It's helps out of Forza 3 and Gran Turismo!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
I didn't think so either. Until I ran slower at the track and even looked at the corrected times.

One way to tell for sure, after you install those bad boys. Take it to the track and post up your new times.

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well Tony, there are gonna e a few more variables for the next time I go to the track but we shall see. Come Nov. at Atco will be my true test.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Sweet Harrison! Those tires are perfect for you in FL! I bet your wife thinks you're a freak for bringing the tires into her bathroom to weigh em.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
What are you guys Paying for the NT05 after Install and all to see if I'm getting a good deal getting them from my Guys here ?

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sweet Harrison! Those tires are perfect for you in FL! I bet your wife thinks you're a freak for bringing the tires into her bathroom to weigh em.
Nah.... brought the scale downstairs. I ain't carrying those bastards upstairs!! Funny thing is the kids like playing with them. I've had to kick my 4 year old(4 today actually!!) off of them a few times today. He thinks they're his to play with. He almost busted his little ass by rolling it from the front room to the den and tried to grab on to it. He made it half way up and didn't go over thank God. That would've hurt! I'm waiting for his brothers to put him in there and roll his ass across the floor though
!:eek:
What are you guys Paying for the NT05 after Install and all to see if I'm getting a good deal getting them from my Guys here ?
I paid $1049'ish shipped. Dunno about install. I have a buddy who's running a new tire store that opened up. He said to bring him up there and he'd hook me up so...... it's still TBD.:D

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Cool man , Guess I'm getting a deal at $936 baby ...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts