Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, just got the new to me predator today and it was unmarried and installed the 93 CAI flawlessly(until i can get custom)...problem is i dont have but 3 adjustable paramaters that i can find, trans adaptive reset,tire size and gear ratio.....no knock, no fans, no limiter, no nothing else....wth??? am i missing something here? where has it gone?

·
Premium Member
17,169 Posts
That stuff isn't in the Quick Adjust menu. It's in the MODIFY PARAMETERS part of tuning. When you go to load the tune in, it'll ask you if you want to MODIFY PARAMETERS. That's where all the extra stuff is.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh hell yeah, all i can say is THROTTLE RESPONSE!!!!!!!! why in the hell would DC not ship them out the door like this??? any recommendations in relation to what to set up for the fan(180* tstat) and do i just need to run the record data for all parameters so i can send them off to be looked at and tuned? if not all of the parameters, which ones are the most essential?

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
oh hell yeah, all i can say is THROTTLE RESPONSE!!!!!!!! why in the hell would DC not ship them out the door like this??? any recommendations in relation to what to set up for the fan(180* tstat) and do i just need to run the record data for all parameters so i can send them off to be looked at and tuned? if not all of the parameters, which ones are the most essential?
Search, my friend.......http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38707

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no idea why i couldnt find that with the search..........thanks guys

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, been doing a lot of digging on the site and have found lots of useful info, now i need a little help putting it to use.....first off the 93 cai canned tune REALLY woke my jeep up, especially the throttle boost and resetting the Tranny adaptive....that half second blip in the throttle when it would shift up when in autostick is GONE, it never(at least not by the seat of the pants-o-meter) lets up, it pulls strong through the shift as opposed to pulling hard up to the shift, shifting, then pulling hard in the next gear....bought the 9pin serial to usb cable today from a computer shop and decided to datalog on the drive home....in town first few miles then 40mi on the highway at 65....here is what i found

while in town(traction off on dash, in autostick) leaving traffic lights a little on the aggressive side, i noticed that my STKN would rose to 6* nearly every time....here is the kicker, it doesnt feel like there is any lag but that 6* was reached without ever going past 49% throttle....from all that ive read the STKN is less important than the LTKN but still important nonetheless...i need a little direction as to where to look for clues why im reaching 6* ST at less than half throttle, thanks guys.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
what brand and octane rating of gas are you using? Also, try the 91 CAI tune, some people also notice less knock using the 91 tune over the 93. You wont notice any performance difference either.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Like others have said its most likely your gas. You may also look into getting a catch can the helps with some stkr. Use 93 octane from a good brand like Mobil.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
have a catch can and use only BP 93 ALL THE TIME...did some more logging and its VERY consistant with its STKN....if i do a standing start full throttle pass it doesnt show any knock until it hits about 6200rpm but the part throttle 50% knock is there every time

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
have a catch can and use only BP 93 ALL THE TIME...did some more logging and its VERY consistant with its STKN....if i do a standing start full throttle pass it doesnt show any knock until it hits about 6200rpm but the part throttle 50% knock is there every time
Try the 91CAI tune and monitor the STKR.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I also get stkr under full throttle launches at about 6200rpm but it's usually at most 2 degrees. I have never logged part throttle. I know I sometimes get 2-4 degrees of knock while driving down the road @ like 50 and go WOT. I need to just get it fixed with a Johan tune.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.