Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I have a 2014 gcsrt with 76k miles. Last Sunday I started my vehicle like normal and suddenly heard what sounded like knocking. I heard 3 to be exact before off immediately turning it off.I then checked the oil which was fine, started it again and now I can hear a constant tap/knock.

definitely not the injectors, or exhaust leak. The car idle is about 200 rpms lower and I can hear a distinct change in the exhaust note. From everything I’ve researched (youtube) it definitely sounds like a failing lifter.

Can anyone help with Information on fixing this? Roughly a direction on what parts to buy i.e. new cam, hellcat lifters, new head bolts? Or complete rebuild? What are my options to repair this? I don’t mind going aftermarket as long as the cam is not aggressive. Thank you for any information!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi there. If I were you, I would start by making sure it is indeed a failed lifter. Once that's confirmed you can begin the disassembly process. Take baby steps and don't tear everything down and apart to find out you didn't have to. Moparpartsoverstock.com was where I bought all the hard stuff and was one of the only places I found head gaskets under $100 a side. I bought fel pro head bolts from advance auto for around $10 a side.
If you do the work yourself you'll save a ton of money. When your go aftermarket and mds delete, it adds an easy $2-3k to the project.
If you need any help just shout

1 - 2 of 2 Posts