Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Billet technology catch can and before even looking at it, took it to get powder coated. When I got it back from the powder coater, he put the metal filters and rubber "o" rings in a separate bag for me to reinstall. I can not for the life of me, figure out where this small "o" ring goes. Can someone shed some light on it and give me some info....Thanks much

· Premium Member
893 Posts
Got pics ?

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

· Night Stalker v2.0
1,096 Posts
Could it be the O ring that goes over the threads on the top part where the can screws to it?

· Registered
1,249 Posts
I have to ask why you would powder-coat something that comes anodized from the manufacturer in pretty much any colour you want ?

· Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, its not the large "o" ring that seals the base to the top...its very small....about the size of a pencil eraser...and I powder coated all my billet under the hood pieces to match the color.

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
There can only be so many places it could go.

I would say maybe for one of the barb fittings, but then there would probably be 2. So probably not.

It maybe goes on the Z bracket between the catch can and bracket. I doubt it, but maybe.

I would guess somewhere in the top underneath the mesh screen somewhere.

Maybe it's extra and you don't need it

Pics would help though. If mine wasn't full of oil I'd look at it lol

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinking that it came off the bracket somewhere also, but not sure...I placed a call to BT but they closed before I could reach anyone.....I'll try again tomorrow but I really wanted to get this on tonight due to being impatient...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.